The essence of Tai Chi push hand kung fu

I disagree. You write in a rather haughty and condescending tone, as if you believe you are the repository for knowledge and skill

šŸ˜‚ wow

No Christmas card for you.

Feel free to post examples here or privately.
Iā€™ll examine them, to understand this viewpoint.

Excuse me.... "You will examine them"... really...... you are not his, or anyone else in this threads, teacher.

To understand what heā€™s talking about if he is referring to my post?

Is there some problem with that?

šŸ˜‚ wow

No Christmas card for you.

Feel free to post examples here or privately.
Iā€™ll examine them, to understand this viewpoint.
Doubling down wonā€™t improve your standing, only a generous dose of humility could accomplish that. Christmas card not withstanding, I have little interest in your opinion whether public or private. As far as verbosity, you display a fine example. Please continue, I have nothing else to add.

Both are good videos. Thanks for sharing.

The 1st video uses the "leg spring, inner sweep" combo. The 2nd video uses "outer hook".

If those leg skill can be integrated into the Taiji PH, it can add more value into it.

The videos
Reminded me of ģ”Øė¦„ (Ssireum).

In the late '70s, got to try some with some ROK soldiers at the urging of some of my troops who knew I practiced Northern Praying Mantis. Stationed in S-Korea at the time still under martial law..

They watching, laughing at the ROK's practicing ,,Me telling them they should try it...
Suddenly they said "why don't you try it "

šŸ˜‚..Something as their sergeant,
Lead by example , couldn't back down from.

Got thrown 2 out of 3 tries using their format..
Good stuff šŸ‘...

The ROK's trained very tough, as soldiers and in their practice."

ķ•œźµ­ģ”Øė¦„ģ—°źµ¬ģ†Œ- ėŒ€ķ•œėƼźµ­ģ”Øė¦„ źø°ģˆ  10, ė°œźø°ģˆ -ķ˜øėÆøź±øģ“(Raking Hook)
"Korean Wrestling Research Institute - Korean Wrestling Technique 10, Foot Technique - Homi Girl"

Push hand as "practice" already has leg skills just not in the way some think of it as
As a "competitive event" many use inner and outer hooks indirectly..

Last edited:
šŸ¤” For you it means that..

For me, reading it refers to keeping round as in a ball. Don't be double-weighted, etc.

Is there a "correct"?

You have made references to mindset in push hands relative to your practice. I have expressed mine.

Of those I've met with similar mindsets to what you've mentioned didn't do too well in our encounters.
During my "practice", their "whatever" they felt it was didn't work out well . šŸ™‚

some reading on mind set,

9291d-3e1f7-fudoo-myoo.jpeg

THE UNFETTERED MIND
WRITINGS OF THE ZEN MASTER TO THE SWORD MASTER
Unfortunately this has gotten quite as the other poster mentioned ā€œverboseā€, but yeah itā€™s a discussion forum so understandable. But I actually think weā€™re speaking the same thing, itā€™s just my language skill is lacking,

You know, i spent 30 years in Yang style Taijiquan and all total probably 5 or so years in Chen. Iā€™m back at Chen and all i have to say is once you get to Yang style things get mystical, esoteric, intentionally confusing and overly verbose. But then some of this can be attributed to misunderstanding of, or not knowing of, Chinese idioms. And mistranslations, and/or misinterpretations. Could also be the incredibly large number of people doing Yangā€¦ or at least think they are doing Yang, as compared to any other taijiquan style

IMO Chen is much more direct and a lot less mystical

For example 13 postures
If there is a up there is down
Strike left pay attention to right

That gets over thought, over discussed, overly explained and overly mystified in Yang

It is simply talking about eyes and where to look.

Xingyiquan is even more direct, probably why i like it best.

And i mean no offense, but this thread had gone a long way in getting me to rethink my MA goals and seriously consider making Taijiquan secondary to me, if even that high on the list
Yeah, it has that meaning, but also the ā€œdeeperā€ thought of the duality reality, two poles of the same line, to find the correct center/balance between them, applies within oneself as well in sparring/fighting and all kind of encounter

Why does anybody want to carry a tiger back to mountain? It doesn't make any logic sense.

I believe it should be called "well fed tiger return back to mountain".

In Chinese both "鄱 (Bao) - well fed" and "ꊱ (Bao) - carry" sound the same. In speaking, one may confuse "鄱 (Bao) - well fed" with "ꊱ (Bao) - carry" in the past.
Yes, I think there was even disagreement on this among Yang Chengfu disciples.
The names of the postures for sure are there to convey a certain idea whatā€™s going on, but the traditional Chinese got over poetic in this ambition.
The message I got out from the Chinese poetry of that posture is the tiger is the opponent that is handled such a way that he hits the hard surface of the ground ?

Unfortunately this has gotten quite as the other poster mentioned ā€œverboseā€, but yeah itā€™s a discussion forum so understandable. But I actually think weā€™re speaking the same thing, itā€™s just my language skill is lacking,

Your writing is good. šŸ‘
We are discussing the same "practice," but not the same aspects of it.

Yes it is a discussion šŸ™‚

Back