Tea party racism on display!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, the underlying racism of the tea party movement has been exposed and is there for all to see. During the Tea Party 2012 presidential straw poll, the racists in the tea party chose Herman Cain as the presidential front runner so far for 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/27/herman-cain-emerges-tea-p_n_828876.html

If you go to the website you will see an obvious racist who fully represents the worst aspects of tea party racism...wait...there is something wrong...this picture can't be right...wait...you have to be kidding...he's not white...he's um...well...he's a black guy....? WAIT, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE TEA PARTIERS ARE RACISTS. What are they doing. Oh, I get it. This is one of those things from that Princess bride movie, where they are racists, but they want to hide it so all these individual tea party people vote for the, not white guy, to hide their obvious racist beliefs. I bet that they will also campaign for and give vast sums of money to Herman Cain just to hide their obvious racism. Well tea party people, we have your number. You won't pull the wool over our eyes. WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

:chuckles: Aye. I might not agree with your politics but that was indeed worthy of a smile.

Adorable. Though I find the Tea Party mostly useful for shoring up the tinfoil hat industry, their behavior doesn't live up to the racist rap they get from some news outlets.

I find it saddening that our desire to prove we are not racists has led us to put people in positions of leadership who, no matter what other attributes they possess, also possess the attribute of darker skin. It leads the Tea Party to this; it led our entire nation to elect an entirely inexperienced man to the position of President.

It doesn't make us racists; but it does make us unfortunately aware of the charge we continually make against each other and our desire to do anything to prove we are not guilty as charged.

Unfortunately, one can prove that they are a racist by behaving in a racist manner. One cannot prove one is not a racist by not behaving in a racist manner, and one definitely cannot disprove the charge of racism by embracing a candidate of the color one is accused of disliking. It's a form of mud that cannot be removed; one simply hurls it, one cannot truly defend against it.

I would be more interested in the Tea Party's candidate if no one made posts like these; if the man is qualified, then that should be all that matters. What are his qualifications, what are his positions on the issues, what are his ideas for fixing the problems that beset us? All I hear is that he is black. That is not a cause for voting for or against a candidate, and pointing to it as an attribute makes me sad and sorry for what we're becoming.

I find it saddening that our desire to prove we are not racists has led us to put people in positions of leadership who, no matter what other attributes they possess, also possess the attribute of darker skin. It leads the Tea Party to this;
I don't think it does, Bill. In 2000, Alan Keyes was part of the HUGE Republican primary field, I would have voted for him in a second, until he pulled the childish, "The media isn't paying attention to me, so, I'm going on a hunger strike." Shtick
it led our entire nation to elect an entirely inexperienced man to the position of President.
Yes, yes it did, and some of us mentioned this a long time before he was elected.

I heard an interview with him this morning on the Don wade and Roma radio show, (Bruce wolf and Dan Proft were filling in) and was really impressed. He, at first look, would make a great president. We will see what happens but at this point, he is far more qualified than Obama ever was.

Herman Cain at wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_cain

Herman Cain (born December 13, 1945) is an American newspaper columnist, businessman, politician, and radio talk-show host from Georgia. He is best known as the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza. He is a former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Cain's newspaper column is distributed by North Star Writers Group. He currently lives in the Atlanta suburbs.
In January 2011, Cain announced he had formed an exploratory committee for a potential candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.[1]

Background
Cain was born and raised in Georgia by working class parents.[2] He earned a bachelor's degree in Mathematics at Morehouse College in 1967, and while working for the U.S. Department of the Navy, a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University.
[edit] Business

After completing his master's degree, Cain left the Navy department and began working for Coca-Cola as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of vice president by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King, a Pillsbury subsidiary, managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in 3 years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him as president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another subsidiary. Godfather's was not profitable but within fourteen months, Cain had returned it to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's.[3]

Latest Discussions

Back