Survival Pack

I think a quality mask filter should stop spores and most airborne pathogens. Hepa filter with N99. We use something similar when using electrocautery on condyloma. There have been nurses who contracted condyloma in their airway from bovie smoke inhalation.
There is a cool bushfire mask called a fair air. That I have. That theoretically does that job.

Otherwise p2 masks are good. If even for when you are packed in a bus or a shelter. And everyone gets covid.

Or like the world trade centre. Where the whole city just had dust and crap in the air.

Gloves, goggles, mask and high vis are underrated in the high speed tactical bug out scene.

Getting zombiefied is the only way to tolerate a porta potty in the summer sun.
Do you have a reference for that information? This is a very serious thread, after all.

Do you have a reference for that information? This is a very serious thread, after all.
Yes. We have a summer reggae festival on a river bar here. It’s 3-4 days in full sun with 20,000 people drinking and partying all night and day like savages. The porta potties become “hazardous” by the third day. You need to be somewhat altered and desperate to enter. We use our shoe ONLY to open the door and check it out first. At night, one must carry a light and give a quick flash to see color. All blue is good. Any other visible color is unacceptable. A no touch standard and bringing your own paper is advisable. I think that some people must be performing yoga in there during use from the things I have seen. I saw one troublemaker type enter one, the victims of his troublemaking followed him and then tied a rope around the potty and pushed it over with said troublemaker inside. He became apoplectic and eventually emerged covered in the blue and various other colors of the contents of the tank.

Yes. We have a summer reggae festival on a river bar here. It’s 3-4 days in full sun with 20,000 people drinking and partying all night and day like savages. The porta potties become “hazardous” by the third day. You need to be somewhat altered and desperate to enter. We use our shoe ONLY to open the door and check it out first. At night, one must carry a light and give a quick flash to see color. All blue is good. Any other visible color is unacceptable. A no touch standard and bringing your own paper is advisable. I think that some people must be performing yoga in there during use from the things I have seen. I saw one troublemaker type enter one, the victims of his troublemaking followed him and then tied a rope around the potty and pushed it over with said troublemaker inside. He became apoplectic and eventually emerged covered in the blue and various other colors of the contents of the tank.
I keep "Dude Wipes" in my bag. One of the benefits is that you can always use them to wipe down public toilet seats, including porta potties (thankfully, the last time I ever had to sit on a porta potty seat was in 2005 - there were no bushes to go behind).

Aside from the contents of the toilet, the toilet seat isn't even the worst part, though. Since there's a urinal in the same booth, "aim" become less of an issue for the seat than it is for actual public restrooms.

The worst part is that when you sit down, the urinal is literally inches from your face. And it's a urinal where urine escapes by going down a tube, not by being flushed away with clean water.

I keep "Dude Wipes" in my bag. One of the benefits is that you can always use them to wipe down public toilet seats, including porta potties (thankfully, the last time I ever had to sit on a porta potty seat was in 2005 - there were no bushes to go behind).

Aside from the contents of the toilet, the toilet seat isn't even the worst part, though. Since there's a urinal in the same booth, "aim" become less of an issue for the seat than it is for actual public restrooms.

The worst part is that when you sit down, the urinal is literally inches from your face. And it's a urinal where urine escapes by going down a tube, not by being flushed away with clean water.
Oh I know. I’m very familiar after 20 some years of reggae on the River and other such sundry events.

Average day in India 😑

Survival packs on Maui are different. For one thing there’s always buds, matches and rolling papers.

Or so I’m told.

Back