Survival Pack

Okay. What I WAS going to write was:

"I'm really perplexed and disappointed no one has come up with any solutions for the zombies yet... I mean that IS the topic right?"

But upon further reading it's nice to see it brought up. Okay great, we're now back on topic!

"I'm really perplexed and disappointed no one has come up with any solutions for the zombies yet... I mean that IS the topic right?"

But upon further reading it's nice to see it brought up. Okay great, we're now back on topic!
No! Let’s follow your direction…it’s far more interesting!🧟‍♀️🧟🧟‍♂️

This is the definitive guide
6A5142DB-3CF1-4882-BAD2-24A338B7BEAA.jpeg

I remember reading a claim that, with very few exceptions, humanity would only last about two weeks in the event of a zombie apocalypse. The few exceptions would be things like uncontacted tribes and mariners out at sea. But even their continued existence would depend on the zombies dying out before contact can be made.

Ironically, I read another article claiming that if Earth was suddenly infested with Xenomorphs, we'd be able to eradicate them in less than two weeks.

I remember reading a claim that, with very few exceptions, humanity would only last about two weeks in the event of a zombie apocalypse. The few exceptions would be things like uncontacted tribes and mariners out at sea. But even their continued existence would depend on the zombies dying out before contact can be made.
I think there’s enough fight in humanity not last longer than two weeks. It also depends upon the ‘R’ number for zombism . An R value of 1 means that on average every person who is infected will infect 1 other person, meaning the total number of infections is stable. these are the R values of other diseases:
  • Measles – 12-18.
  • Chickenpox – 10-12.
  • Polio – 10-12.
  • HIV/AIDS – 2-5.
  • SARS – 0.19-1.08.
  • MERS – 0.3-0.8.
  • Common Cold – 2-3.
  • Ebola – 1.56-1.9.
What would zombisms R value be?
Ironically, I read another article claiming that if Earth was suddenly infested with Xenomorphs, we'd be able to eradicate them in less than two weeks.
I reckon they’re more slippery aggressors than zombies. Look what an initial single Xenomorph did to that whole terraforming colony rescue squad of marines (or whatever they were).

I think there’s enough fight in humanity not last longer than two weeks. It also depends upon the ‘R’ number for zombism . An R value of 1 means that on average every person who is infected will infect 1 other person, meaning the total number of infections is stable. these are the R values of other diseases:
  • Measles – 12-18.
  • Chickenpox – 10-12.
  • Polio – 10-12.
  • HIV/AIDS – 2-5.
  • SARS – 0.19-1.08.
  • MERS – 0.3-0.8.
  • Common Cold – 2-3.
  • Ebola – 1.56-1.9.
What would zombisms R value be?

I can't remember if it was the same article, or a different one. But there was a hypothetical scenario of a zombie apocalypse being caused by rabies becoming an airborne illness (which, apparently actually happened to bats in the same cave at one time). I believe rabies was chosen because the symptoms are very zombie-like. Humans only live for about a week after being infected. So what we have to consider is whether or not the very thing that causes the zombification also causes death and, if so, how fast. Also, will their corpses taint the water supply or soil.

I reckon they’re more slippery aggressors than zombies. Look what an initial single Xenomorph did to that whole terraforming colony rescue squad of marines (or whatever they were).
Right, but on Earth, we'd have access to more manpower and weapons. It would be interesting to see how that plays out, and I'd like to see that in an installment in the franchise.

It might depend on where the outbreak is. A poor country would probably get nuked for the sake of humanity. If it happened in the US? Good luck, especially if it happened to be Floriduh.
;)

I can't remember if it was the same article, or a different one. But there was a hypothetical scenario of a zombie apocalypse being caused by rabies becoming an airborne illness (which, apparently actually happened to bats in the same cave at one time). I believe rabies was chosen because the symptoms are very zombie-like. Humans only live for about a week after being infected. So what we have to consider is whether or not the very thing that causes the zombification also causes death and, if so, how fast. Also, will their corpses taint the water supply or soil.
This feels like someone creating a very specific scenario to support their view. I don't think people traditionally think of zombification as something that spreads through the air, or tainting soil. If there was any disease that was airborne and could be gotten from drinking or eating food, then yeah everyone is getting it, at least on the landmass it started.

This feels like someone creating a very specific scenario to support their view. I don't think people traditionally think of zombification as something that spreads through the air, or tainting soil. If there was any disease that was airborne and could be gotten from drinking or eating food, then yeah everyone is getting it, at least on the landmass it started.
Check out the zombie disease that ants and wasps can get. I believe it is fungal, but I don’t remember exactly.

Check out the zombie disease that ants and wasps can get. I believe it is fungal, but I don’t remember exactly.
Yeah, The Last of Us video game series popularized it. That particular fungus can't affect humans, I believe, due to it not being able to survive the body temperatures of warm-blooded animals. Furthermore, it kills rather quickly; whereas, in the video game, there were infected individuals living well over a decade.

Yeah, The Last of Us video game series popularized it. That particular fungus can't affect humans, I believe, due to it not being able to survive the body temperatures of warm-blooded animals. Furthermore, it kills rather quickly; whereas, in the video game, there were infected individuals living well over a decade.

So yeah. Mabye put a gas mask in that bag of yours?
Gas masks only protect from chemical fumes and gases; not from not germs, bacteria, viruses, or anything "living."

I actually do have a respirator in my bag. Not so much to protect myself from fumes when walking about, but mainly to avoid unpleasant smells. For example, I might wear it when using a porta potty on a hot summer. If there are germs in the air in the porta potty, I'll still be breathing them in. But at least I won't smell it.

Nature finds a way!

Gas masks only protect from chemical fumes and gases; not from not germs, bacteria, viruses, or anything "living."

I actually do have a respirator in my bag. Not so much to protect myself from fumes when walking about, but mainly to avoid unpleasant smells. For example, I might wear it when using a porta potty on a hot summer. If there are germs in the air in the porta potty, I'll still be breathing them in. But at least I won't smell it.
I think a quality mask filter should stop spores and most airborne pathogens. Hepa filter with N99. We use something similar when using electrocautery on condyloma. There have been nurses who contracted condyloma in their airway from bovie smoke inhalation.

I’d rather be zombified than use a porta potty in the summer sun!😂
I have no problem doing a #1 in a porta potty. But I'd have to actually be seconds away from soiling my pants do a #2 in one.

In the U.K., that’s called ‘touching cloth’😂

Back