NATO Air Strike Kills Civilians in Afghanistan

I wonder if you saw this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

The Taliban would be ready to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a neutral country if the US halted the bombing of Afghanistan, a senior Taliban official said today.Afghanistan's deputy prime minister, Haji Abdul Kabir, told reporters that the Taliban would require evidence that Bin Laden was behind the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US.

Imagine the rivers of blood that could have been prevented simply by giving the Taliban evidence and allowing OBL to be turned over for justice? How many 9/11s has the US and it's allies inflicted after rejecting this offer?

The whole war is a lie. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

The key being they would need proof OBL was behind the attacks. I wonder what you think their standard of proof would have been?

I get most of my news from NBC, The Washington Post or a local radio news station. I don't think any of them are noted for conservatism nor inaccurate reporting.

Well, that's time I won't get back. It looks like someone with an agenda, and probably different that FOX, but I don't know since I don't watch FOX. Since you are so disdainful of FOX, you must watch it some so perhaps you could comment on that?

I don't know what you mean? I love O'Reilly! Oh... and the Five... Greg's my hero.

The key being they would need proof OBL was behind the attacks. I wonder what you think their standard of proof would have been?

It would have been nice to find out and it might have saved thousands of innocent lives.

It would have been nice to find out and it might have saved thousands of innocent lives.

That's twice now you have slipped around answering a question.

It would have been nice to have known up front what they wanted, and it they were serious, I suppose they would have stated what would constitute proof. But I don't think they were serious. They knew very well who OBL was and what his goals were. You insult them if you think otherwise.

As to your last two posts that it would have been nice to have known, the first answer that comes to my mind is that if bullfrogs had wings ...

Hell...we used to level most of German cities to take out a ball bearing manufacturing facility. While Im not FOR collateral damage, it seems like we now expect to never have it anymore. Are we not supposed to conduct operations if there is a collateral damage risk?

Again, Im not saying we just level entire towns to get one guy, but if 4 high value targets gather in one house??

The Taliban would be ready to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a neutral country if the US halted the bombing of Afghanistan, a senior Taliban official said today.Afghanistan's deputy prime minister, Haji Abdul Kabir, told reporters that the Taliban would require evidence that Bin Laden was behind the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US.

If you don't see whats going on there then there is no point going on...........

And you know we didnt try how?

Bush was determined to kill two birds with one stone. He wasn't going to negotiate with the Taliban. Those guys were holding up a major Unocal pipeline...

So you dont know? You just assume

No, I don't know. I assume the government is lying to me as soon as a politicians lips move.

That said, I went in depth on this Unocal\Taliban connection long ago on MT. It's not a coincidence that Hamid Karzai is their former spokesperson.

If you don't see whats going on there then there is no point going on...........

Out of curiosity, what do you think the Taliban were trying to accomplish by asking for evidence before turning OBL over for justice?

Hell...we used to level most of German cities to take out a ball bearing manufacturing facility. While Im not FOR collateral damage, it seems like we now expect to never have it anymore. Are we not supposed to conduct operations if there is a collateral damage risk?

Again, Im not saying we just level entire towns to get one guy, but if 4 high value targets gather in one house??

Have you seen this?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo

The Secretary of State argues that 500,000 dead children are worth the price of one man the government doesn't like.

And people here thought Adam Lanza was evil...

Out of curiosity, what do you think the Taliban were trying to accomplish by asking for evidence before turning OBL over for justice?

You seriously think that they would have accepted ANY evidence? That was a tactic...not an offer.

Its called stalling. Like when you knock on the girlfriends door looking for a guy with warrants. She keeps yelling just a min Im getting dressed over and over until hes able to climb out the back window or hide in the attic

Its called stalling. Like when you knock on the girlfriends door looking for a guy with warrants. She keeps yelling just a min Im getting dressed over and over until hes able to climb out the back window or hide in the attic

LOL!!

Perfect analogy.

:)

Don't the criminals realize that you guys know that trick already? Wellll...if they were smart, they wouldn't be criminals...or at a location known to the police when they have a pending arrest warrent...

If only they would use their stupidity for good...er...or something like that...

Sanctions=Mass Murder?

Seriously?

Sanctions is just a fancy word for laying seige. An Iraqi man shared a tale of having to hold down his young son while the doctor amputated an infected leg...without anesthetic.

George Carlin has a great bit about euphemisms. Check it out...

How do you know they were stalling? What if they were sincere? What if they simply wanted to have the case layed out because they distrust the West?

Hmmmm...I think the part where the taliban were murdering women in the soccer field hurt their trustworthiness...just a tad...don't you...

Latest Discussions

Back