Logo for MartialTalk.com

Some of those are really good. The text on this one is even right!

designer2-jpeg.31320
looks like they're in a spare tire
Check out this one... View attachment 31330

I can remove the wonky guys with the weird arms and legs in the blue and white parts.... can maybe put Martial Talk in that area.
very Shaolin and his hands are just plain weird and the taijitu is just wrong

I am a fan of the not-male-centric ones, as not all martial artists have dangly bits between our legs. The dragon/animal ones are nice 🙂.
Yes but, Dragons and tigers are too cliché.

"coat of arms for martial talk website"

Attachments

• Designer.jpeg
    Designer.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Designer1.jpeg
    Designer1.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Designer2.jpeg
    Designer2.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 3
  • Designer3.jpeg
    Designer3.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 3
"colophon for martialtalk website"

Attachments

• Designer3.jpeg
    Designer3.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Designer2.jpeg
    Designer2.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Designer1.jpeg
    Designer1.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 4
"seal for martial talk website"

Attachments

• Designer.jpeg
    Designer.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Designer1.jpeg
    Designer1.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Designer2.jpeg
    Designer2.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Designer3.jpeg
    Designer3.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 4
I did not make this but this is more along the lines of what I'd look for in a logo..... keep it simple... easier to print, easier to embroider, easier to put on a shirt,

pngtree-martial-arts-karate-icon-png-image_2123093.jpg

I designed one once, years ago, which applied to a few of us here on MT, most are gone now, Martial Arts Dinosaurs... use to be posted under my info

But I can no longer find it, nor would I want MT to use it as a logo, it was just applicable to the name and not to busy

I think this whole thread highlights the purpose of using a graphic designer for these things, rather than people with no marketing/design experience, or AI. No hate to anyone here, but it's a job for a reason.
Agreed, and even so, a lot of pros get things wrong. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Personally I would go with something mentioned above: an image of an traditionally robed Asian warrior-scholar, seated with a brush, doing calligraphy. To me that comes closer to embodying the higher ideals of the traditional Asian martial arts as practiced in many Eastern countries. And, what are we doing here? Writing and debating!

If you are not familiar with the ideal of the cultured warrior-scholar, consider the calligraphy, philosophy, and art of Musashi.

1720640649817.png

Last edited:
Back