Last Poster #7

Oh my goodness! Whispering Bob Harris!

After the Young Ones, Ade Edmonson and Rik Mayall went on to write and perform ā€˜Bottomā€™ which Iā€™d also recommend.

When I was at Uni , we had a very sweet but doofus of a fellow student, Neil, who was nervously waiting for his first date at the famous ā€˜Uisge Barā€™ whisky bar. Sitting at the bar was Rik Mayall, obviously performing at the city theatre or something. Neil had an idea and approached Mr Mayall and told him what was going on and if he would just acknowledge Neil when the girl turned up, thus by association, increasing his chances with her! Mayall looked at him up and doen and said, ā€œIā€™ll do better than thatā€¦ā€ got up and exited the bar by the side entrance. Ten minutes later when the girl had turned up and was with Neil, Mayall walked into the bar and shouted across it, ā€œNEIL!ā€, strode over to him, gave him a hug whilst saying, ā€œHow the devil are? Itā€™s been a while. How are you keeping?ā€ Neilā€™s date was gobsmacked! After further pleasantries, Mayall made his excuses and left the bar saying, ā€œGive me call when your free Neilā€ winking at the girl! Nice man (RIP).
Rik was my favorite, to be sure, nobody says fascist better.

十幓ē£Øäø€å‰‘ļ¼ŒéœœåˆƒęœŖę›¾čÆ•ć€‚
今ꗄꊊē¤ŗ君ļ¼Œč°ęœ‰äøå¹³äŗ‹ļ¼Ÿ

For ten long years, a sword I whetted,
Its frosty blade, as yet, untried.
Today, I hold it unsheathed before you;
Of you, to whom was justice denied?
A thirst unslaked, for decade and more,
A fine edge honed by sweat from pore,
Ready now, for grisly chore,
Whomā€™s edge may meet,
shall know no moreā€¦

I can only speak for the East Coast, but the original Frazier was adored. And the character, Niles was most peopleā€™s favorite.

A good buddy of mine lived across the street from David Hyde Pierce in Los Feliz. (Part of L.A.) They used to hang out while their dogs played with each other in Pierceā€™s yard.

My buddy always says that Pierce was always the nicest, real person heā€™s ever known. Just a really good man. I liked hearing that.

The recent Frazier, who David Hyde Pierce wanted no part of being in, is not liked by anyone Iā€™ve spoken to. I watched two episodes, couldnā€™t watch anymore.

My favorite scene in Frazier - I donā€™t remember if it was at the beginning of the episode, or after a commercial break, or just at the beginning of a scene. They show Niles face, heā€™s sleeping in bed. He wakes up. Somethingā€™s not right. He turns the other way.

Frazierā€™s ex-wife, Lilith, is in his bed.
Miles is horrified.

Man, I laughed so hard.
I think ā€˜Frasierā€™ is genius. Iā€™m watching it nowā€¦Frasier dreams about Gill Chesterton šŸ˜‰

Thatā€™s nice to hear David Hyde Pierce is a nice bloke.

Yes the new Frasier was awful! What a shame. Some things are best left alone.

I have a friendā€¦and heā€¦finds Lilith really attractive. Should I counsel him?

I love the opening scene of ā€˜Three Valentinesā€™ where Niles decides to adjust an errant trouser seam and ends up nearly burning Frazierā€™s apartment down!

I think ā€˜Frasierā€™ is genius. Iā€™m watching it nowā€¦Frasier dreams about Gill Chesterton šŸ˜‰

Thatā€™s nice to hear David Hyde Pierce is a nice bloke.

Yes the new Frasier was awful! What a shame. Some things are best left alone.

I have a friendā€¦and heā€¦finds Lilith really attractive. Should I counsel him?

I love the opening scene of ā€˜Three Valentinesā€™ where Niles decides to adjust an errant trouser seam and ends up nearly burning Frazierā€™s apartment down!
David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth are both on Julia and were terrific.

Back