Last Poster #7

Good question, I did ponder that, it just very much is a continuation of the exact same symptoms. But it's possible something else is going on. But first time I had covid this is the exact same thing that happened, same things lingered exactly like this time so I'm inclined to think it's the same...who knows
My suggestion is to get a broader check, especially for RSV which is treatable. It was rather prevalent and overlapped quit a lot with Covid during the peak of it in the south/southeast US. There were quite a lot of misdiagnosis, non-diagnosed cases of RSV until the medical community figured out what was going on.

Well the apocalypse has once again been averted... You're welcome....

I almost had to commit........BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I brought Mrs Xue's homemade dumplings for lunch today...but...... I forgot chopsticks... no chopsticks...FOR DUMPLINGS!!!!.... BLASPHEMOUS!!!! You just CAN'T eat dumplings without chopsticks...its just wrong..... But luckily.... I found a disposable pair in one of my desk drawers...so..... once again....the world is saved from the apocalypse

We are on day 1 of a heatwave.... upper 90s with humidity feels like over 100.... I don't know what it is, or why this happens, but whenever I am outside it this type of heat..... I want to do Chen Style Taijiquan..... this affliction first appeared 7 years ago when I was in Fort Lauderdale in June.....

We are on day 1 of a heatwave.... upper 90s with humidity feels like over 100.... I don't know what it is, or why this happens, but whenever I am outside it this type of heat..... I want to do Chen Style Taijiquan..... this affliction first appeared 7 years ago when I was in Fort Lauderdale in June.....
Here too. The past two days have been 100-101F. Today it's only 80.

A pleasant 22C (72F) here but the heatwave will arrive here next week and we could reach 28C (82F) 😳

A pleasant 22C (72F) here but the heatwave will arrive here next week and we could reach 28C (82F) 😳
When I lived in the UK, a friend visited and asked "when's summer?" I said "Well, last year it was on a Tuesday..."

When I lived in the UK, a friend visited and asked "when's summer?" I said "Well, last year it was on a Tuesday..."
Oh yes, short and cool. As the rest of the world burns, I wear a light jacket in the evening as it gets a bit chilly around my shoulders…☺️

It did, and I'm still prepared :) Got light airy clothes and multiple fans throughout the apartment to help
In the Seattle area, most houses still don’t have central AC units. Last I saw, it was something around 60% didn’t have AC, if you can believe it. We get some warm days but not too many. More than we used to, though.

In all seriousness, Brits will bake themselves when it gets hot and they’ll often be heard saying, “The hotter the better!”…sheer stupidity.

A couple of weeks ago, a beloved English TV doctor, promoter of the 5-2 diet and many other health-related ideas (that have given all us Brits a 6 pack and eradicated heart disease on these hallowed Isles) was, after four days searching, found dead on a Greek island after having gone for a two mile walk in 47C (116F). It was big news over here and even while they were looking for him, two other holiday makers were found dead after walking in the heat of the Greek islands.

Brits have an unhealthy relationship with beer and the sun.

Last edited:
Well the apocalypse has once again been averted... You're welcome....

I almost had to commit........BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I brought Mrs Xue's homemade dumplings for lunch today...but...... I forgot chopsticks... no chopsticks...FOR DUMPLINGS!!!!.... BLASPHEMOUS!!!! You just CAN'T eat dumplings without chopsticks...its just wrong..... But luckily.... I found a disposable pair in one of my desk drawers...so..... once again....the world is saved from the apocalypse
My hands never could get the hang of chopsticks.

My hands never could get the hang of chopsticks.
I practised and practised as a teenager and can now use them like a true expert! I think the biggest mistake is holding them halfway down the length and even further toward the tips (people who do this are considered simpletons by the Japanese… like eating with a fork in the right hand is considered uncouth in the West). Instead, hold them as far up the stick as you can for good leverage (and to look intelligent). Japanese style chopsticks (with a distinct point) are easier to use in my opinion.
I also collect fancy ones made of all sorts of exotic materials

Back