Last Poster #7

ā€œThe Secret Service landed a helicopter in our pasture when I was a little kid.ā€

Thatā€™s not a sentence you hear every day. šŸ˜³

Have you ever thought of writing a book? Iā€™ll bet Iā€™d would be fascinating.
Well Iā€™ve heard people say that, but I can barely get my thoughts across on here without someone misunderstanding me. I doubt I have the ability to write a coherent book.

Well Iā€™ve heard people say that, but I can barely get my thoughts across on here without someone misunderstanding me. I doubt I have the ability to write a coherent book.

Youā€™re incorrect on that. The format on a forum makes things like that that happen all the time. Itā€™s different in book form. Especially in non-fiction.

You should give it some serious thought. Just start making notes to start off. Write them down, it will jog even more of your memories.
Iā€™ll bet that if you wait ten years youā€™ll be kicking yourself in the backside for having waited that long.

I read a lot, have been all my life. I read ninety percent fiction. But a lot of the non fiction Iā€™ve read is about criminality.

And gangster stuff sells.

ā€œThe Secret Service landed a helicopter in our pasture when I was a little kid.ā€

Thatā€™s not a sentence you hear every day. šŸ˜³

Have you ever thought of writing a book? Iā€™ll bet Iā€™d would be fascinating.
The other thing is, itā€™s just stories, I was just a kid for most of it. Some of the story happened before I was even born. I can say I have been out to dinner with a number of real deal gangsters and even knocked glasses with a few with my Roy Rogerā€™s extra cherries as a child. We used to eat out at least 4 nights a week. I never once stayed with a babysitter in my life. Sometimes we would be out til midnight on school nights. I watched how these guys ordered food and drinks so I would try to emulate them by saying to the waitress ā€œRoy Rogers, extra cherries, keep them cominā€. Mr. Saint used to think that was funny, he taught me how to order steaks, crushed garlic, black pepper, shoyu, medium rare, with a nice char. No kids menu for this kid, I ate what they ate. Mr Giacabone had a lot of cars, he would take me for rides. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti etc. Mr. Wisdom didnā€™t have kids but had a tv room set up for me when we came to dinner at his house for meetings. It was boring but I could eat in front of a big screen in a recliner and watch ONTV which was the first cable channel back then. Sorry I just realized Iā€™m going on and onā€¦

The other thing is, itā€™s just stories, I was just a kid for most of it. Some of the story happened before I was even born. I can say I have been out to dinner with a number of real deal gangsters and even knocked glasses with a few with my Roy Rogerā€™s extra cherries as a child. We used to eat out at least 4 nights a week. I never once stayed with a babysitter in my life. Sometimes we would be out til midnight on school nights. I watched how these guys ordered food and drinks so I would try to emulate them by saying to the waitress ā€œRoy Rogers, extra cherries, keep them cominā€. Mr. Saint used to think that was funny, he taught me how to order steaks, crushed garlic, black pepper, shoyu, medium rare, with a nice char. No kids menu for this kid, I ate what they ate. Mr Giacabone had a lot of cars, he would take me for rides. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti etc. Mr. Wisdom didnā€™t have kids but had a tv room set up for me when we came to dinner at his house for meetings. It was boring but I could eat in front of a big screen in a recliner and watch ONTV which was the first cable channel back then. Sorry I just realized Iā€™m going on and onā€¦
sounds like a book to me

Youā€™re incorrect on that. The format on a forum makes things like that that happen all the time. Itā€™s different in book form. Especially in non-fiction.

You should give it some serious thought. Just start making notes to start off. Write them down, it will jog even more of your memories.
Iā€™ll bet that if you wait ten years youā€™ll be kicking yourself in the backside for having waited that long.

I read a lot, have been all my life. I read ninety percent fiction. But a lot of the non fiction Iā€™ve read is about criminality.

And gangster stuff sells.
Just writing these down brought a bunch of dusty memories, not all good ones.

Yes I suppose so, but youā€™d think in that on the presentation of new data (for forgotten/ignored data) they might say, ā€œOh I seeā€¦if what youā€™re saying is true then I need to adjust my point of viewā€
Maybe they do upon reflection. But when ambushed on a YouTube video with a camera in their face, Iā€™ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

ā€¦.which is why I recently started mental health therapy. Itā€™s rather interesting. Odd that I find it comfortable.

My therapist thinks I have a history of violence. When I responded with ā€œthatā€™s a pretty good movieā€ he was at first confused, then his eyes lit up because he had seen it.

Iā€™ll try to help him all that I can. šŸ¤£
Good on ya brother, that's awesome. I also had my first session with my psychologist the other day. Went really well and I really connect with her.

I reckon everyone would benefit from seeing someone, at any stage in their life. Even if you feel mostly well. Obviously, costs are tough depending on where you are in the world. We're lucky here to some free services and GP referrals, mental health is treated very seriously here. But it's always a great idea and it isn't a weakness at all. We need each other, and to be able open up and heal is sacred and precious I think.

I quit the butts a few years back and ended up switching to JUUL vape. Not sure how much better it is for me, but I feel better.
It's better for you, if you use it as a method to completely quit. Otherwise, 1:1, it's a bit better for you, but still not good. And a lot of people end up vaping more often than they smoked without realizing it, since it's more socially acceptable and easier to do in a lot of places. So that's something you'd have to watch out for.

1728050393565.png

That skater that randomly shoots off into space made me spit out my coffee!

You know, teaching a machine intelligence isn't much more than a parlour trick. You don't even need a computer, it's possible to teach a collection of matchboxes how to play tic tac toe, for instance. It's plasticity, the ability to redesign one's own thoughts and behaviour, that's difficult, and consciousness is even more of a challenge. Pardon me for bringing my religion into it, but I think you need God for that.

Back