Last Poster #7

But it's based on a TRUE STORY!!
I could try and write and make a film about the life and career of…Mike Tyson, but it would still likely be sh*t 😆

Anyway, Bloodsport been shown to be completely fictional and 🦆 a fantasist.

I could try and write and make a film about the life and career of…Mike Tyson, but it would still likely be sh*t 😆

Anyway, Bloodsport been shown to be completely fictional and 🦆 a fantasist.
Honestly, Tyson's life and career could make a diecent bio-pic.

Frank Dux... well, the less said the better.

Bloodsport was a great movie, for a certain time, place, and audience. It's certainly not great cinema. But it was fun, with some interesting fight scenes, and it portrayed an image of a time.

Not if I wrote it!
Frank Dux... well, the less said the better.
Preach!
Bloodsport was a great movie, for a certain time, place, and audience. It's certainly not great cinema.
It was the same year that gave us ‘Good Morning Vietnam’, ‘Coming to America’, ‘Diehard’, ‘Rain Man’! I have a suspicion is wasn’t regarded as good, even for the time. It was about martial arts which is why we liked it as children!
But it was fun, with some interesting fight scenes, and it portrayed an image of a time.
When’s the last time you saw it? I switched off after VD’s (heh, heh) first fight as it was so badly done.😂

Who would play Tyson, though? I think Daniel Radcliffe 😑

Did you ever see Tyson’s one man stage show? He and it was superb!

I met Jean-Claude at Billy Blanks’ dojo in L.A in the late nineties. He was a nice guy, very respectful, friendly and seemed down to earth

He was supposed to teach a kicking seminar one night, but the poor guy made the mistake of working out all day with Billy. He could hardly walk come seminar time, never mind kick. Billy refunded the money to all who signed up and taught a two hour kicking seminar that night for free.

I still smile when I think about it. But Jean-Claude seemed like an okay dude.

I met Jean-Claude at Billy Blanks’ dojo in L.A in the late nineties. He was a nice guy, very respectful, friendly and seemed down to earth

He was supposed to teach a kicking seminar one night, but the poor guy made the mistake of working out all day with Billy. He could hardly walk come seminar time, never mind kick. Billy refunded the money to all who signed up and taught a two hour kicking seminar that night for free.

I still smile when I think about it. But Jean-Claude seemed like an okay dude.

Why am I not surprised you meant or knew him ;)

Once heard a story from Chuck Norris, No I do not know him, he did not say the guys name, but the infernce was it was VanDam. He was on Chucks ranch and spent the day working out with Chuck, Joe Lewis and that MA crew. He kept up, but he was exhausted when they were done.....

Why am I not surprised you meant or knew him ;)

Once heard a story from Chuck Norris, No I do not know him, he did not say the guys name, but the infernce was it was VanDam. He was on Chucks ranch and spent the day working out with Chuck, Joe Lewis and that MA crew. He kept up, but he was exhausted when they were done.....

I always wanted to meet Chuck Norris, but never did. My buddy, Gary, who ran the dojo with me, was at Madison Square Garden for some fights and saw Chuck at a concession stand. Gary introduced himself and told Chuck he enjoyed following Chuck’s career.

Gary told me they talked for a half hour. To this day he says Chuck Norris is the most down to earth, class act he’s ever met in the Martial Arts.

I always wanted to meet Chuck Norris, but never did. My buddy, Gary, who ran the dojo with me, was at Madison Square Garden for some fights and saw Chuck at a concession stand. Gary introduced himself and told Chuck he enjoyed following Chuck’s career.

Gary told me they talked for a half hour. To this day he says Chuck Norris is the most down to earth, class act he’s ever met in the Martial Arts.
I have heard that about him. But my info was 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand...

images

I have heard that about him. But my info was 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand...

images

And my buddy, Gary, was not star struck, he’s met more Martial Artists and pro athletes than I ever will. He says Chuck was the best.

I always like hearing that people I admire are good people.

If Chuck Norris were to travel to an alternate dimension in which there was another Chuck Norris, and they both fought, they would both win.

Latest Discussions

Back