Last Poster #7

My kid's big orange cat is named Sharp Cheddar. Though they call him Cheeto. We haven’t named the kitten yet.
Cheezit, Chi wiz, Fondue, Chester, Queso…orange cats need a highborn name and a litany of titles. Lord Queso of North Crystal Way, The gopher slayer, curtain climber, Shredder of toilet paper, Bringer of hairballs, He who cannot be shamed.

Another case of wondering why we don't have powerlines under ground. We had a bad storm yesterday and the power went out for about 5 hours. Yup, a tree fell on the lines. At least the pole stayed up, or it would have been a week.
FIVE HOURS without power. No TV, music, coffee, tea......it was dreadful. At least it cooled down a lot, so the A/C was not missed as bad.
Glad you’re doing okay. No AC in some places can get pretty dangerous.

Cheezit, Chi wiz, Fondue, Chester, Queso…orange cats need a highborn name and a litany of titles. Lord Queso of North Crystal Way, The gopher slayer, curtain climber, Shredder of toilet paper, Bringer of hairballs, He who cannot be shamed.
Those are pretty good suggestions. I like cheezit.

6340588884397682819.jpeg

I'd love to go there sometime. It seems like a really cool place from what I've seen from tv,movies and pictures. My dad has been there several times. I've personally never traveled off north America. But I want to. There's so many cool places in the world. Once my finances get right I'm going to travel the world.
I've only been to Beijing so far, it has changed a lot compared to 17 years ago.

Spent 2 weeks in Beijing, ate all sorts of Chinese food, even occasionally sipped on tea..... not one single gastritis issue.... decided to try a cup of coffee (decaf) today..... had a few sips, then thought, I better stop..... had a gastritis attack this evening..... Mrs Xue told me on the 14 hour flight back from Beijing..... "You may be an American, but you have a Chinese stomach."

I need to move closer to a good Chinatown....
See, you made a crucial mistake.

You didn't drink coffee. You drank some adulterated bowdlerized solution that resembles coffee.

What you really need is good stationhouse coffee, or coffee from a Navy Goat Locker; stuff that's been sitting in a pot that hasn't been cleaned since it was "obtained" for a few hours and is like looking into the abyss... A cup of that, and you'll never have a stomach probelm again.

See, you made a crucial mistake.

You didn't drink coffee. You drank some adulterated bowdlerized solution that resembles coffee.

What you really need is good stationhouse coffee, or coffee from a Navy Goat Locker; stuff that's been sitting in a pot that hasn't been cleaned since it was "obtained" for a few hours and is like looking into the abyss... A cup of that, and you'll never have a stomach probelm again.
I drank no coffee in Beijing.....

But many years ago I was security at a hospital and I use to go down to the shop and have coffee with the engineer on duty. He was a good friend of mine, an ex-marine and a Nam-Vet.

His idea of good coffee was to make a full pot in the drip coffee maker and then let is sit on the heating unit until it cooked down to a 1/4 of the original pot..... that was some strong sludge..... but then in my late 20s I could drink it with no issue at all

Another case of wondering why we don't have powerlines under ground. We had a bad storm yesterday and the power went out for about 5 hours. Yup, a tree fell on the lines. At least the pole stayed up, or it would have been a week.
FIVE HOURS without power. No TV, music, coffee, tea......it was dreadful. At least it cooled down a lot, so the A/C was not missed as bad.
It's like that here in maine too. My sister inlaw pointed out to me that all or atleast most of our lines are not underground. Last winter I went without power for 4 days, boy did that suck. This year I'm hoping to invest in a generator, hopefully I can get a good deal. Atleast something that will let me have the heat on in the winter, and the ac in summer if i need it.

It's like that here in maine too. My sister inlaw pointed out to me that all or atleast most of our lines are not underground. Last winter I went without power for 4 days, boy did that suck. This year I'm hoping to invest in a generator, hopefully I can get a good deal. Atleast something that will let me have the heat on in the winter, and the ac in summer if i need it.
Read about a community called Babcock ranch in Florida. Solar powered, well constructed homes, adequate drainage, and no above ground lines. No power outages even in a hurricane.

Olympic, women’s beach volleyball is amazingly skilled!

Why is the first pancake/crepe the worst one?

you know. Without any details because I don’t want to get political, I will say I am feeling cautiously optimistic about things. It’s kind of nice.

Back