Last Poster #7

You can get Riptides 1st season on DVD at Amazon. Not sure about the others or if there is a Blue Ray option.

Check out the related titles section, some classics there. Jake and the Fatman, Hardcastle and McCormick, Simon and Simon.

If you hadn't lives through the 80s you might think all we had was detective and cop shows.
that was the bread and butter back then!
And Soaps....

I do that all the time. I used to watch alot of the stuff that I watch now at my aunts house, I was born in 91 but my parents and their siblings were born in the 50s so I saw alot of re runs of sonny and Cher, game shows like the newly weds etc also discovered chuck norris for the first time on Walker Texas ranger there and never got to finish the whole series(was still being made when I first watched it) so I'm making up for lost time and alot of years of not having a TV. I also like twilight zone(the original) and unsolved mysteries.
I'm considerably older than you, but a little younger than your parents.... and that post made me feel old :(

:D

Contact regional office about laptops.....
Me: What laptops do you have in yhour office
Regional Office: None
2 weeks later.....(same office)...
Regional Office: can you update our laptop
Me: You mean the one. you don't have
Regional office: What?
Me: Nevermind, send it to me and I will let you know

I get something like this (at best it was Windows 98)

P_20200527_204622-scaled-e1590612770671.jpg

Call Regional Office
Me: No, I cannot update this, but I can throw it away

Contact regional office about laptops.....
Me: What laptops do you have in yhour office
Regional Office: None
2 weeks later.....(same office)...
Regional Office: can you update our laptop
Me: You mean the one. you don't have
Regional office: What?
Me: Nevermind, send it to me and I will let you know

I get something like this (at best it was Windows 98)

P_20200527_204622-scaled-e1590612770671.jpg

Call Regional Office
Me: No, I cannot update this, but I can throw it away
well, so technically they were right: They did not have one.
damn, nice quality case though.

Did you ask if they needed one, or just how many they had? They might not have known it was an option
Me: I am updating my laptop tracking database and need to know how many laptops you currently have in your office
Regional: We do not have any laptops

After they sent me the Dell Brick.... I did not ask them if they needed any..... nor did they ask me to replace the one they said they didn't have

You see, some helpful sole got into my laptop database and well deleted stuff....actually the entire updated database.... I am rebuilding from an older backup... however this seems to have happened magically because no one in either of the main IT offices did it, or at least that is what I have been told

Me: I am updating my laptop tracking database and need to know how many laptops you currently have in your office

After they sent me the Dell Brick.... I did not ask them if they needed any..... nor did they ask me to replace the one they said they didn't have

You see, some helpful sole got into my laptop database and well deleted stuff....actually the entire updated database.... I am rebuilding from an older backup... however this seems to have happened magically because no one in either of the main IT offices did it, or at least that is what I have been told
counting the days til retirement yet?

Today was kind of a wacky morning. It's like 10am-ish give er take... me and a friend were going and getting some stuff for a house leveling project. Anyway, I'm on the highway driving through town. In my rearview mirror I see this cop car flashing his lights. In my heart I know he ain't after me cause my phone is in my pocket, my car is up to date and everything and I'm driving responsibly.

Sure enough he drives past me. Pulls up behind a white car. They're in the second lane and I doubt traffic would let them pull over and three blocks later, another cop comes zipping over. I thought he was gonna go in front of the vehicle but he whips behind the other cop car. The suspect whatever pulls over in a parking lot. Since I'm driving I need to focus on the road, but my buddy saw the first cop pull a gun out on them. Which made us wonder what they pulled them over for. Mostly me but I digress...

We got a pretty good start on the house too. Gonna take a few more days to finish it, but going well.

Today was kind of a wacky morning. It's like 10am-ish give er take... me and a friend were going and getting some stuff for a house leveling project. Anyway, I'm on the highway driving through town. In my rearview mirror I see this cop car flashing his lights. In my heart I know he ain't after me cause my phone is in my pocket, my car is up to date and everything and I'm driving responsibly.

Sure enough he drives past me. Pulls up behind a white car. They're in the second lane and I doubt traffic would let them pull over and three blocks later, another cop comes zipping over. I thought he was gonna go in front of the vehicle but he whips behind the other cop car. The suspect whatever pulls over in a parking lot. Since I'm driving I need to focus on the road, but my buddy saw the first cop pull a gun out on them. Which made us wonder what they pulled them over for. Mostly me but I digress...

We got a pretty good start on the house too. Gonna take a few more days to finish it, but going well.
Just outside of LA a few years back traffic was backed up, no surprise there, but then I saw, on the other side of the road, multiple cop cars, with all the police out of the cars with guns drawn minig at a car in the middle...... it was one heck of a way to start a trip withthe kids to Disneyland...but what can I say....it was LA

Stuck at home, waiting for the phone company guy. 12 hour window.

Can't even train using my right arm, I've got golf elbow from doing the 5 Palm Methods.

a couple weeks ago I was away and in a hotel and I got to see two movies I have been wanting to see. First was the newest "Flash" movie. I didn't like it much.... the other was Black Adam, I rather enjoyed it....I'm not sure, but I think the Flash did better at the box office than Balck Adam.... but I don't know why.

Ah, good ol' Nobody. Their work is unforgetable...

a couple weeks ago I was away and in a hotel and I got to see two movies I have been wanting to see. First was the newest "Flash" movie. I didn't like it much.... the other was Black Adam, I rather enjoyed it....I'm not sure, but I think the Flash did better at the box office than Balck Adam.... but I don't know why.
Bacon, I am sure.
The Rock would be the other reason?
I caught up on movies last year.
Flying transatlantic twice I had ample time to watch Encanto, Coco, and Turning Red.
which I adored (all three)

Ps, I skipped Maveric.
Not going out of my way to watch Cruise.
Just another movie with him in costume.
Not hatin', but you know. The other Tom is a much better actor.
Heck, William H Macy is.
Or the Jack Russel from Frazer...

Is that just me?
Yesterday I changed the channel of the TV to something harmless.
A Gardening show to run in a background (gotta love the BBC, they still produce such a thing)
After 2 weeks of having things like Father Brown, Midsummer Murders, Hercule Poirot, etc on the loop, I felt something weird in my brain. Holy Shnikies, Christy wrote some dark stuff there, true evil. And a lot of those 'cozy' deaths were also of such malice.
Hubby constantly has such shows on, and at times he is rather nuts, for lack of better words. I think we did much better when shows came on once a week.

Back