Last Poster #7

Google is down in my area, and I must say it is surprising how much difference it is not making to the users here. Admitefly this is the 3rd time in so many months, but the first time you'd have thought someone had set of a Nuclear EMP and taken out the grid the way people were reacting

Discovered there's a sumo club near me. Messaged them asking about where they meet/prices/etc., they're apparently having a 3 day 'camp' from 10-3 each day this weekend for free, 20 minutes away. I think my weekend just got booked.
Ohh awesome, have a blast!

Some sad news today. My daughter has lymphoma and is going through chemo now. They had fertilized some eggs prior to the beginning of treatment and we found out today that none of the embryos survived. We are all pretty sad about it.
So sorry man!
Sending my best wishes to her!

So, this evening another part of my house gave out.
Lost power in what I thought at first half of the house, but as it looks now it's contained to a couple of outlets.
Which are also on one of two breakers that control all of the house.
Not sure I will sleep much tonight, not knowing1` what exactly caused the outlets to fail.
Time to got to trade school.

So, this evening another part of my house gave out.
Lost power in what I thought at first half of the house, but as it looks now it's contained to a couple of outlets.
Which are also on one of two breakers that control all of the house.
Not sure I will sleep much tonight, not knowing1` what exactly caused the outlets to fail.
Time to got to trade school.
That sounds expensive. Hopefully not.

One of my grandkids is a budding entomologist. She's absolutely mad for bugs. She's raised butterflies from caterpillars, has an ant farm, and raises some sort of bright blue beetle. Forget dinosaurs, she wants to go see bug museums.

So, since her birthday is tomorrow, I got her this.
View attachment 29894 View attachment 29895 View attachment 29896

It's a Mexican Fireleg Tarantula. It's about 3" across the legs right now, but they tell me it will grow to 5-6".
Beautiful! My first pet was an orange knee brachypelma they make great pets.

I write on here sometimes, and I wonder if I've done/doo too many arts, and hop around too much. Then I remember this is over the course of 26 years, and I just enjoy trying new ones.
There's nothing wrong with what you're doing. I am a TKD-guy. But I've studied all kinds of stuff at various times. Just not as much as TKD.

I write on here sometimes, and I wonder if I've done/doo too many arts, and hop around too much. Then I remember this is over the course of 26 years, and I just enjoy trying new ones.
WHAT!!! jump around....Its just not done....says the guy who has tried about 9 or more styles (not including sub styles)

Well, on the one hand, that's great. On the other hand, I've never heard of electrical issues healing themselves spontaneously. :oops:
tell me about it.
I started cleaning out the area, so I might be able to check the outlets.
or douse them with a fire extinguisher.

The hospital saga continues.
A nice lady contacted me about discharge plans for hubby.
I should be used to it by now that those plans need to be made well in advance.
And once more the dreadful 'l-tac' place was brought up.
Antechamber to purgatory.
Nope. Unless it is the absolute only option.
Nope. Horrid place. Uncaring people.
we shall see.

Discovered there's a sumo club near me. Messaged them asking about where they meet/prices/etc., they're apparently having a 3 day 'camp' from 10-3 each day this weekend for free, 20 minutes away. I think my weekend just got booked.
Ended up going but not staying for a couple reasons.
1) Got there and the vibe was much more of a training camp for upcoming competitions, they knew I was coming, but when I got there I was ignored by everyone focusing on their specific drills, not the best environment to learn something new
2) it was on a softball field out in the open, and it's between 90 and 95 degrees all day today
3) Because of 2 I'd have to drink a lot of water, and the only nearby bathroom was locked.
I might have stayed anyway if it wasn't for point 2. I did watch for a bit before I left, and found it interesting.

Hopefully they'll have other, smaller/less competition focused practices once the heat drops down a bit.

Never saw nothing = Have seen something

- - = +

Am I right, or am I wrong?
Technically you are correct, but it is an extremely awkward use of language. Many people, through poor command of proper grammar, use a double negative to mean a negative. So if you want to use it to mean a positive, you will create a lot of confusion in your discussions, even though you are technically correct and others are wrong. So don’t do it.

Technically you are correct, but it is an extremely awkward use of language. Many people, through poor command of proper grammar, use a double negative to mean a negative. So if you want to use it to mean a positive, you will create a lot of confusion in your discussions, even though you are technically correct and others are wrong. So don’t do it.
I don't disagree with you.

Back