Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I realized I have to figure out a valid excuse for my supervisor how my scanner glass got broken.

I’m going with fighting off N. Korean Ninjas trying to hack our network.

Back in my security days my excuse was always "Shiites wielding scimitars"
And on a funny and yet sad note.... I don't think I had one direct supervisor in those days that had any idea what both Shiite and Scimitar was.... one or the other possibly...but never both...so they simply let go whatever it was whenever I said...or even wrote in a report a couple times..."Shiites wielding scimitars"...and that was used at 2 hospitals, a state college and a state office.....

Back in my security days my excuse was always "Shiites wielding scimitars"
And on a funny and yet sad note.... I don't think I had one direct supervisor in those days that had any idea what both Shiite and Scimitar was.... one or the other possibly...but never both...so they simply let go whatever it was whenever I said...or even wrote in a report a couple times..."Shiites wielding scimitars"...and that was used at 2 hospitals, a state college and a state office.....

I will be out of the office for a week after next Friday....maybe I could just come back to work and be like.....what happened to my Printer/Scanner? :D

I will be out of the office for a week after next Friday....maybe I could just come back to work and be like.....what happened to my Printer/Scanner? :D

That's a GREAT idea....or you cold start with....HEY!!!! who has been using my printer/scanner....

I worked with a guy in a garage once who was trying to align a car on a rather expensive Bear alignment machine. He spent all day trying to align the car and it just would not align. At the end of the day he went into his office and drank a bottle of scotch...then walked out to the garage and put 27, 22 cal, rounds into the machine.....he had a 22 revolver...so he had to reload a few times......then left toe shop....fast forward about 10 years when I worked with him.... he was a regional director for the company....so maybe this will get you a promotion :D

Last edited:
Getting advice from yall is like.....

maxresdefault.jpg

I am not always a Ukrainian Cooking Radical. I made a pot roast today. A gigantic slab-o'-meat with onions, apples, and mushrooms, cooked in duck broth and vegetable stock with lemon pepper, salt, rosemary, and thyme.

So, now I have a good, solid description of what it means when weatherunderground.com says it's 28 deg F but feels like 18 deg F. It's when it's so windy, last night's rain got either all blown off surfaces or frozen solid. And your rain gauge not only freezes shut, so your reading is whatever the little column of ice is showing, but also freezes to the outdoor table it sits on. And you have to turn the actual table toward the light to be able to take the reading.

Nearly 24 hours here without a comment? WTH? Does no one care to be the Last Poster anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back