KT:Copyright Question

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Copyright Question
By monk64 - 08-18-2014 09:06 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Over the years I've seen many associations, many authors, and many groups teaching/publishing/selling Kenpo systems that were either directly copied from Ed Parker or very similar. Many of them used the Parker names for the techniques - Thundering Hammers, etc.

I imagine one can't copyright the specifics of a martial arts technique or form, any more than one could copyright a dance move or figure skating routine. But I would think the names at least would be very copyrightable.

Did Parker (and his estate) never pursue this?

Just curious.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Somebody help me, please.

This whole "News Bot" thing. It's a computer generated program, or maybe a people generated thing, to encourage conversation between members of the forum? Is that it?

Do any of you guys ever read posts from Bots? Give a hoot, or reply to them?

Somebody help me, please.

This whole "News Bot" thing. It's a computer generated program, or maybe a people generated thing, to encourage conversation between members of the forum? Is that it?

Do any of you guys ever read posts from Bots? Give a hoot, or reply to them?

Wondered that myself. You could auto fish for stuff, but you would still need the enter key to input. Well it has been a while since I was a Moderator. You never know, could be a buddy of Billc lol.

These News bots are coming in from the sister sites of KenpoTalk and FMATalk into their appropriate sections to engage a larger audience. I think they used to have some others forums as well, but I don't see them anymore. I use those sites anyway, so it isn't much of an advantage for me, but there are guys who use one or the other forums, that it may attract.

Back