Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/04/las.vegas.shooting/index.html

(CNN) -- A man dressed in black walked into the lobby of a federal courthouse in Las Vegas, Nevada, pulled a shotgun from underneath his jacket and opened fire Monday, killing a court security officer and injuring a deputy U.S. marshal, an FBI spokesman said.
Seven marshals and security officers returned fire as they pursued the man into the street, FBI spokesman Joseph Dickey said. One witness described the volley of gunshots as "surreal," and another, who captured the firefight on video, said it was "unbelievable."
The suspect was shot by marshals and killed.

The deputy marshal and the security officer were taken to a hospital, where the security officer, Stanley W. Cooper, died, said U.S. Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.

Those guys are bad shots. lol. I wonder how many bystanders got hit before they were able to put that guy down?

Those guys are bad shots. lol. I wonder how many bystanders got hit before they were able to put that guy down?

Nice. Real classy considering someone is dead and another injured.

Everybody who has never been in ashoot-out THINKS that they would do better. I especially like the sport and "pro-shooters" who like to quote the LE hit statistics. I would like to know how they fared in THEIR gunfight. What? Haven't been in a gunfight?? STFU!

Exactly, people should take into consideration the circumstances and realize that "practicing" is nothing like when the chips are down for real.

Nice. Real classy considering someone is dead and another injured.

Good point. My apologies.

btw... it doesn't bother me that you neg reped me. What bothers me is you didn't have the courage to sign your name.

A man who lost a recent Social Security claim opened fire with a shotgun in a federal courthouse Monday, killing a court security officer and injuring a deputy U.S. marshal, authorities said.

He obviously was healthy enough to go on a shooting spree...

I'm glad this parasitic waste of flesh is dead, it's just tragic he had to take that guard with him.

...what a p.o.s. :disgust:

The Las Vegas Courthouse Shootout youtube clip (NSFW)

Sounds more like a running firefight to me. Prayers to the family of the guard killed and to the officer wounded.

Regards
Brian King

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. My apologies.

btw... it doesn't bother me that you neg reped me. What bothers me is you didn't have the courage to sign your name.

Yeah, that wasn't me. I have the courage of my convictions, and have no problem putting my name to anything that I write.

Everybody who has never been in ashoot-out THINKS that they would do better. I especially like the sport and "pro-shooters" who like to quote the LE hit statistics. I would like to know how they fared in THEIR gunfight. What? Haven't been in a gunfight?? STFU!

What gets me in these discussions, especially here, is that WE should understand the effect of adrenaline dump. We know the differene between a kata and a sparring match, and really should be able to extrapolate to a real fight. Add flying bullets and...

Latest Discussions

Back