An Aikidoka's controversial journey into MMA: Is it helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out guys until the mods look into things

I ain't being called a liar and the rest I took enough of that in another thread and even had my disability called into question so the mods can sort this out now

Nice rant, Ranty McRanterson. Please try to stay on topic.[/QU

reported and if te got banned for a word she used then well all the nice things you called me need looked at

your a silly little boy that when he is stood up to cannot handle it and has to resort to slandr and lies and even when I repost what you said still no answer apart from another comment ...........let the mods sort this out ok

No need to have a breakdown. I have been on point and on topic for every single post in this thread. I clearly pointed out that you misread my post regarding the 100% agreeing with the poster I quoted(not that a dead man 100% agreed with me like you claimed, and doesn't even make sense.)

At least read the posts directed at you before you reply to them, it isn't a lot to ask.

No need to have a breakdown. I have been on point and on topic for every single post in this thread. I clearly pointed out that you misread my post regarding the 100% agreeing with the poster I quoted(not that a dead man 100% agreed with me like you claimed, and doesn't even make sense.)

At least read the posts directed at you before you reply to them, it isn't a lot to ask.

let the mods sort this out as respect you have none

and then we will see what and how you get around calling me a liar and having a go at my disability

Evidence of which part of my statement?
"I've said before that functional use of Aikido has to include non-aiki application of the same techniques (including strikes). When someone knows what you're going to use, and works to nullify it, it changes what you use unless you outclass them sufficiently."

Where might I find this functional use to examine?

YellowBrokenDore-size_restricted.gif

Have you no respect at all again why bring dead into it again you already had a go at one dead master now another are you for real?

on topic yes you are blameless

typical no it all get called and then plays victim and innocent

let the mods sort this out as respect you have none

and then we will see what and how you get around calling me a liar and having a go at my disability
I explicitly pointed out, verbatim, the three things you accused me of saying in this thread that I didn't say. In the English language the word for that is "lying". I'm sorry if you don't like that word. Would you prefer if I called it purposeful dishonesty?

And yes, I did ask you once if your disability involved your reading comprehension, which is still something that seems to be true based on how you have and continue to conduct yourself here. You have continually shown that you can't seem to understand what is written to you, which makes these diologues frustrating at best.

With that said, as you have admitted that you believe in no touch techniques, in addition to completely blowing a gasket, this conversation can not possibly continue in a serious direction. I think we are done for today lol.

I explicitly pointed out, verbatim, the three things you accused me of saying in this thread that I didn't say. In the English language the word for that is "lying". I'm sorry if you don't like that word. Would you prefer if I called it purposeful dishonesty?

And yes, I did ask you once if your disability involved your reading comprehension, which is still something that seems to be true based on how you have and continue to conduct yourself here. You have continually shown that you can't seem to understand what is written to you, which makes these diologues frustrating at best.

With that said, as you have admitted that you believe in no touch techniques, in addition to completely blowing a gasket, this conversation can not possibly continue in a serious direction. I think we are done for today lol.

another one for the mods to investigate

And you keep going on and on about combat do you actually know what that is??? or are you the armchair warrior that thimks he can but never has

don't you dare ever call people on combat til you been there as guess what laddie it ain't like the movies and it ain't like ya xbow ya can't push reset and it all goes away

you need to learn respect as you got none at all yet you will play the victim

let the mods have a look and if your right then I will go ok

I think Aikido needs something like this;

Video footage of its effectiveness against someone trying to take an Aikidoka's head off. It helps if the guy is bigger and stronger than the Aikidoka.

And where were you MR combat when the party in the sand kicked off ? probably still in high school and where were you when the Balkans went to hell Mr I'm the combat man yeah where were you / so don't ever give anyone that crap about combat and effectiveness as laddie you know squat I seen your type many many times and when the first bang goes off then well the road runner wouldn't stand a chance of beating ya .........

Oh and my late wife yes well she was killed serving in your army greens and where was I in the crap hole in the sand and I didn't even know for two weeks so don't talk to me about breakdowns I seen more crap than you will ever wanna see and I'm still standing

So in conclusion, there is no evidence that aikido works in a fight, and if there is it's a very well kept secret.

/Thread

And where were you MR combat when the party in the sand kicked off ? probably still in high school and where were you when the Balkans went to hell Mr I'm the combat man yeah where were you / so don't ever give anyone that crap about combat and effectiveness as laddie you know squat I seen your type many many times and when the first bang goes off then well the road runner wouldn't stand a chance of beating ya .........

Oh and my late wife yes well she was killed serving in your army greens and where was I in the crap hole in the sand and I didn't even know for two weeks so don't talk to me about breakdowns I seen more crap than you will ever wanna see and I'm still standing
You can't really blame him for being to young to fight in the gulf war, I'm old enough but had the sense not to join the army, as I had a suspicion they might send me to a war, ( did they not mention that when you joined )and I'm not getting my self killed in some pointless argument about oil and pipe lines and invisible lines in the sand, no sir, I was keeping the home fires burning, they also serve who only sit and wait,

Last edited:
You can't really blame him for being to young to fight in the gulf war, I'm old enough but had the sense not to join the army, as I had a suspicion they might send me to a war, ( did they not mention that when you joined )and I'm not getting my self killed in some pointless argument about oil and pipe lines and invisible lines in the sand, no sir,
Not to mention I'm Canadian. We had some peacekeepers over there but not too many, and you'd have to be a masochist to join the Canadian military. Those dudes are not treated well.

Also, I don't get down for the whole being the pointy end for the interests of fatcat billionaires. I wouldn't have gone even if I was American.

"I've said before that functional use of Aikido has to include non-aiki application of the same techniques (including strikes). When someone knows what you're going to use, and works to nullify it, it changes what you use unless you outclass them sufficiently."

Where might I find this functional use to examine?
The best collected evidence you'll find is those Tomiki competitions. They use Aikido in those. Some of it looks (and operates) like Judo, because they're not focused on only doing the aiki application. If you saw me grappling with someone, you'd probably see what I'm doing as being mostly Judo. While there's some Judo influence, most of what I do is most heavily drawn from the NGA techniques from Daito-ryu (the same primary source as Aikido). If someone with Aikido training steps into a ring, you're just not going to see much of the big, easily-recognizable aiki applications. If you see anything definitively Aikido, it'll be in the movement, rather than the technique.

I'm not aware of anyone who has taken Aikido as a major influence into anything like MMA at a level we'd get to see. It's just not a direct enough route to be worth it. Someone serious about competition will take the shortest route to the solutions they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back