An Aikidoka's controversial journey into MMA: Is it helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is not no touch my friend lol

go do a full break down of what you are saying break all down what you think he is doing and then present it and I will come back at you ok ...that way you are taking the initiative I am merely nage lol
He is putting them where he wants them...without touching them.

Bro your beliefs run deeeeeep.

Ok look, I don't know if your memory is terrible or if you are just lying, but this is the third time you have accused me of saying things I didn't say. In the future, go back and get a quote(which you won't find as I didn't actually say any of this)

You do realize people can just read the thread and see that it isn't true right? I guess if you don't mind being the guy known for making up lies to try to win arguments, carry on.

Again, what case can be made without any evidence to judge? I am not the one making the claim, you are. I've never said aikido doesn't work, only that I've never seen it work, or heard of it working, and that there doesn't seem to be any evidence of it working.

It isn't like I can judge what would work and what wouldn't from those phoney balogna choreographed sessions where rooms full of people charge at the one master guy in a way that literally nobody would ever do, and sometimes fall over before there is any contact made.

Do you not understand the difference between staged choreography and actual fighting?

You asked where you said it I reposted it

why are you so intent on being aggressive lol

now your saying I am a liar and every one will read and see that ...ok if that is what folks think then so be it

so what was your post about the 100% agree and thefounder said that about their art ?

Some of that, I've been told, was him demonstrating how "lead" works. The uke was instructed to follow, so people could see the structural changes that come from him being led in a certain way (hand positions affect body, etc.). I don't know how much of those videos that accounts for, but I've seen similar demonstrations done in other arts, where it was clear to all observing that uke was purposely participating so they could see something specific.

you stop stealing my thunder lol

Actually, what you see in a Tomiki tournament is "aikido stuff". If you're expecting it to look like the classical "dojo Aikido", that's going to be much more rare.

In the sense that aikido guys are doing it I guess. If you take out the aki and flow and throws, what's left?

that is not no touch my friend lol

go do a full break down of what you are saying break all down what you think he is doing and then present it and I will come back at you ok ...that way you are taking the initiative I am merely nage lol
He doesn't touch them in several of those. That's no-touch. Do you have an explanation for that kind of thing?

You asked where you said it I reposted it

why are you so intent on being aggressive lol

now your saying I am a liar and every one will read and see that ...ok if that is what folks think then so be it

so what was your post about the 100% agree and thefounder said that about their art ?

I'm not being aggressive. You clearly accused me of saying things I didn't say on three instances I already explicitly pointed out. Why do I feel like you will forget or deny doing it by your next post....

He is putting them where he wants them...without touching them.

Bro your beliefs run deeeeeep.

Look before you accusse me of any more just leave it as if you start with what you did the last time and saying my disability was in attention span and now I am a liar and I am denying combat use ...I am so sorry that I didn't have a vid camera with me in the middle of west Belfast ok to show you ....unlike you sir that was not exactly top of my list at the time like before when I told the forum how I got my disabilities and that sent you very quiet so pleas just don't as this tim you pull that again I will not hold back ok and I care not if it gets me banned

Some of that, I've been told, was him demonstrating how "lead" works. The uke was instructed to follow, so people could see the structural changes that come from him being led in a certain way (hand positions affect body, etc.). I don't know how much of those videos that accounts for, but I've seen similar demonstrations done in other arts, where it was clear to all observing that uke was purposely participating so they could see something specific.

Well that's certainly better than some of the other explanations I have heard regarding Ueshiba and others. Unfortunately a lot of Aikidoka get a bit weird and start talking about "auras" and being able to extend ki.

I think that's the point where we've hit an iceberg.

So you actually believe that Ueshiba could manipulate someone's body without touching them?

Seriously?

Not just me bro ...and it how and where he leads them look at the irimi nage that might give a clearer pic

Look before you accusse me of any more just leave it as if you start with what you did the last time and saying my disability was in attention span and now I am a liar and I am denying combat use ...I am so sorry that I didn't have a vid camera with me in the middle of west Belfast ok to show you ....unlike you sir that was not exactly top of my list at the time like before when I told the forum how I got my disabilities and that sent you very quiet so pleas just don't as this tim you pull that again I will not hold back ok and I care not if it gets me banned
Nice rant, Ranty McRanterson. Please try to stay on topic.

Well that's certainly better than some of the other explanations I have heard regarding Ueshiba and others. Unfortunately a lot of Aikidoka get a bit weird and start talking about "auras" and being able to extend ki.

Ki is viewed differently by many and Ueshiba did have an aura but not a hocus pocus one lol

Not just me bro ...and it how and where he leads them look at the irimi nage that might give a clearer pic

Okay..... So you're saying that you DO believe that Ueshbia could throw people around without touching them.

So why has this incredible ability never been performed in a live fight? I mean, the ability to throw someone to the ground without touching them would revolutionize martial arts (and the laws of physics).

Nice rant, Ranty McRanterson. Please try to stay on topic.[/QU

reported and if te got banned for a word she used then well all the nice things you called me need looked at

your a silly little boy that when he is stood up to cannot handle it and has to resort to slandr and lies and even when I repost what you said still no answer apart from another comment ...........let the mods sort this out ok

Ki is viewed differently by many and Ueshiba did have an aura but not a hocus pocus one lol
LOL

I think we are all seeing where you are coming from now.

What are your thoughts on George Dilman and yellow bamboo?

In the sense that aikido guys are doing it I guess. If you take out the aki and flow and throws, what's left?
You get the base of the art, often without the "aiki". I've said before that functional use of Aikido has to include non-aiki application of the same techniques (including strikes). When someone knows what you're going to use, and works to nullify it, it changes what you use unless you outclass them sufficiently. There's use of aiki in Tomiki tournaments, but it's in the minority, which I think is a realistic expectation.

You get the base of the art, often without the "aiki". I've said before that functional use of Aikido has to include non-aiki application of the same techniques (including strikes). When someone knows what you're going to use, and works to nullify it, it changes what you use unless you outclass them sufficiently. There's use of aiki in Tomiki tournaments, but it's in the minority, which I think is a realistic expectation.
I generally respect what you have to say, and respect the hell out of you as a martial artist'.
With that said...

Evidence?

Some styles are more likely to draw in certain kinds of people. You won't get much "aura" talk if there's resistive training early in the process. I think one of the problems facing Aikido is that students aren't given a real chance to fail often enough early in their training. And they don't get to see their instructors fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back