Return to some old styles...

I have not really work on the 5 elements linking for in years. That was awesome

Now I have work to do….. :)
I have done the 5 elements linking every day.

Pi Quan, Zhung Quang, Heng Quan, Beng Quan, Hammer fist (groin protection Shi), Pao Quan, Tiger attack, right comb hair with left front kick, left comb hair with right front kick, ...

The Xing Yi system is really strange. I can spend only 1/4 of my energy when I train it. I have to spend 4 times energy when I train other system such as long fist, praying mantis, Baji, or, ...

Pi Quan, Zhung Quang, Heng Quan, Beng Quan, Hammer fist (groin protection Shi), Pao Quan, Tiger attack, right comb hair with left front kick, left comb hair with right front kick, ...

The Xing Yi system is really strange. I can spend only 1/4 of my energy when I train it. I have to spend 4 times energy when I train other system such as long fist, praying mantis, Baji, or, ...
OK

That’s good, then you still have a good amount of energy left when fighting the exhausted guys from long fist, praying mantis, Baji, or, ... :)

Been doing a lot of thinking and a bit of training too..... Once I finish the Chen 19 and silk reeling, I do believe, other than the possibility of learning a Jain form from Cheng Manching..... and the occasional push hands practice and seminars......my taijiquan days are done.... I will do some of what I know, but certainly not all I have learned in taijiquan.

I have also been back working on Xingyiquan, and that is where I will focus my CIMA training, but only the 5 elements and some of the animal forms. I feel that there are animal forms that are pretty much useless and I will not train them, don't need to. May also work at getting my Cheng Bagua back too, but not sure about that yet. Have to finish the Chen first.

And I am still dabbling in Wing Chun...... I like it.

When I left my first Shifu I was looking got Xingyiquan, Baguazhang (I regret not learning more bagua from my first shifu) or Chen Taijiquan I found none and ended up in Traditional Yang for many years..... but these days, like I said before, I can't get myself to do any traditionak Yang... and a recent post here on MT has highlighted one of the reasons why rather clearly

Now, I have 2 push hands seminars coming up that I am rather excited about..... more about those later

Back