Last Poster #7

My friend is a theologian and she calls herself an ‘ultra-religious Christian’. She reads Aramaic, ancient Hebrew and Greek…in fact she tends not to read English translations of the Bible as she feels they deviate too far from the ‘original’. She’s left the C of E because she says it’s lost all it’s spirituality. It’s almost like they’re embarrassed to believe in the supernatural nature of their God! Very interesting and we’ll be discussing this and many other things on our overnight trip to Glastonbury on Halloween!

Have you read this? It’s fun but after a few cases, you can see where my ultra-religious friend is coming from!
View attachment 31950
ooh, not read that

I'm going on a 5 day spiritual retreat. No drinking, no smoking, no internet. I'm going to walk, draw, pray, do a bit of kata, read and write. That will be all. See you in five days!
Awesome!!! I'm way overdue for one myself.. hopefully soon.

Hoping it's a very fruitful and nourishing time brother 🙏🏻

All that calmness and relaxation from Maine.... gone... 15 minutes after arriving back home yesterday and work today is not helping

(I think the old biker days of my misspent youth have creeped in a bit today)

Ever have one of those days where you are trying real hard to be polite to everyone... because all you really want to do is hit something..... but that would cause things to go from horrible to disastrous real fast..... but you would probably feel better..... I'm just going to go home, sequester myself in my basement guan and do Taijiquan and Wing Chun the rest of the day...and hey, I have a heavy bag there

TTFN
I don't have a heavybag anymore. Well no place to put one in or near my house. I technically own one but can't use it because of lack of space. I had anger issues growing up and didn't have a heavybag always available so I started doing push ups whenever I got angry and wanted to hit something. It really worked. Now I'm older and can't do push ups because of an injury. I'm looking for something I can do like horses stance but for the upper body especially arms. Something that will remove all the tension of feeling like hitting someone. Man I wish I could still do push ups sometimes. It's not a lack of strength it's a nerve issue. One of my nerves in my knee area is severed so I can't get in a push up position because I basically have a partially paralyzed foot. It sucks, but I make up for it in other ways.

I don't have a heavybag anymore. Well no place to put one in or near my house. I technically own one but can't use it because of lack of space. I had anger issues growing up and didn't have a heavybag always available so I started doing push ups whenever I got angry and wanted to hit something. It really worked. Now I'm older and can't do push ups because of an injury. I'm looking for something I can do like horses stance but for the upper body especially arms. Something that will remove all the tension of feeling like hitting someone. Man I wish I could still do push ups sometimes. It's not a lack of strength it's a nerve issue. One of my nerves in my knee area is severed so I can't get in a push up position because I basically have a partially paralyzed foot. It sucks, but I make up for it in other ways.
I can't do push ups either, arthritis in the shoulder. I can do plank, but not push ups

I can't do push ups either, arthritis in the shoulder. I can do plank, but not push ups
Man planks are good. I've done them before in class, and a few times at home. Great core exercise. I'm gonna look into getting a new double end bag. I might be able to find room for one of those if I unattach it from the hook when not using it.

Oh..... boy.... guys we've done it... officially hit the 10,000 😮😮😮. Stuff is bout to get REAL intense. For those who may not be aware:

The Last Person.....
The purpose of this thread is to be the "last person" to have the thread i.e. the last person to post.

You can make any post you like to retain possession of the thread

Past 3 editions were pretty popular. Can this one top them?

Thread locked and game reset somewhere after 10,000 posts. ;)

LPT#1 - Winner: Terryl965 Post#67,960
LPT#2 - Winner: Seasoned Post#10,453
LPT#3 - Winner: Granfire Post#10,276
LPT#4 - Winner:Xue Sheng! Post 10003
LPT#5 - Winner: Granfire Post #10142
LPT#6 - Winner: Granfire Post # 10123
LPT#7 - Winner: who knows? The Shadow knows it just might be YOU!

Just so you know.... I'm plannin' on the win.

🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻

I’ve been having some strange dreams… makes waking up hard.
Sometime in the last 20 years I developed this ability to recognize I am dreaming, especially if the dream is weird or bad, and then wake myself up..... however it does break up sleep and I have the ability to do this, but I can't control it. Dream happens, something says this is a dream, and I open my eyes....

Sometime in the last 20 years I developed this ability to recognize I am dreaming, especially if the dream is weird or bad, and then wake myself up..... however it does break up sleep and I have the ability to do this, but I can't control it. Dream happens, something says this is a dream, and I open my eyes....
I don’t have bad dreams, usually. Just vivid dreams. I have considered keeping a dream journal because most of the time I forget them within minutes.

Back