Last Poster #7

E262B71D-3AD9-4793-AC06-58F31F5EFEAB.jpeg

Another one…Ginger lemonade..for my sore throat (which turns out to be COVID)🙄

This delightful version J S Bach’s Goldberg Variations no. 28 has soothed my rage toward carton tops. ‘ Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast, To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted Oak’ Have a listen, it’s so nice!
Congreve is such a doofus.

Last week, I went to buy some distilled water from motor car maintenance shop, Halfords (to water my orchids). As I was paying for it, the shop assistant said, in sotto voce, “You don’t need to buy that, it’s just boiled water! Get it out of your kettle!” For a second I contemplated educating him lest he damaged the battery of someone equally as ill-informed, but I just couldn’t be bothered. I have lost the will to correct people! 😳

Last week, I went to buy some distilled water from motor car maintenance shop, Halfords (to water my orchids). As I was paying for it, the shop assistant said, in sotto voce, “You don’t need to buy that, it’s just boiled water! Get it out of your kettle!” For a second I contemplated educating him lest he damaged the battery of someone equally as ill-informed, but I just couldn’t be bothered. I have lost the will to correct people! 😳
you went to the auto shop to buy distilled water for your orchids? 😆

When I first went to Scotland as a Uni student, I went to Boots the Chemist to buy some rubbing alcohol. Before they would sell me any, they reached under the counter and pulled out a huge ledger, opened it to the next free line and asked me to write my name, address and age and the purpose for buying rubbing alcohol! I thought I’d be transported to the 1950s!

It doesn’t say why but I assume it’s to stop all those kids aspirating them and asphyxiating 🙄
I’d guess it has more to do with litter and recycling. People are generally pretty good about recycling bottles, but not so much the caps. So the caps often end up in the landfill.

Back