Last Poster #7

E262B71D-3AD9-4793-AC06-58F31F5EFEAB.jpeg

Another one…Ginger lemonade..for my sore throat (which turns out to be COVID)🙄

This delightful version J S Bach’s Goldberg Variations no. 28 has soothed my rage toward carton tops. ‘ Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast, To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted Oak’ Have a listen, it’s so nice!
Congreve is such a doofus.

Last week, I went to buy some distilled water from motor car maintenance shop, Halfords (to water my orchids). As I was paying for it, the shop assistant said, in sotto voce, “You don’t need to buy that, it’s just boiled water! Get it out of your kettle!” For a second I contemplated educating him lest he damaged the battery of someone equally as ill-informed, but I just couldn’t be bothered. I have lost the will to correct people! 😳

Last week, I went to buy some distilled water from motor car maintenance shop, Halfords (to water my orchids). As I was paying for it, the shop assistant said, in sotto voce, “You don’t need to buy that, it’s just boiled water! Get it out of your kettle!” For a second I contemplated educating him lest he damaged the battery of someone equally as ill-informed, but I just couldn’t be bothered. I have lost the will to correct people! 😳
you went to the auto shop to buy distilled water for your orchids? 😆

When I first went to Scotland as a Uni student, I went to Boots the Chemist to buy some rubbing alcohol. Before they would sell me any, they reached under the counter and pulled out a huge ledger, opened it to the next free line and asked me to write my name, address and age and the purpose for buying rubbing alcohol! I thought I’d be transported to the 1950s!

Back