Last Poster #7

This may be rule breaking slightly since the original thread was locked, but want to share an experience with american healthcare today. Spent most of the day throwing up bile, and had a number of other concerning symptoms. Eventually went to urgent care, and part of me thought it might be appendicitis (it wasn't), but a large part of my willingness to go was because I knew my insurance would cover a large portion of the costs.

If I was still at my last job, it's possible I would have just tested myself for appendicitis, and if I didn't think that was the issue, I wouldn't have gone since I couldn't afford it. Learned that lesson the hard way when I went for a single mri and ended up owing over 2k on my last insurance.

This may be rule breaking slightly since the original thread was locked, but want to share an experience with american healthcare today. Spent most of the day throwing up bile, and had a number of other concerning symptoms. Eventually went to urgent care, and part of me thought it might be appendicitis (it wasn't), but a large part of my willingness to go was because I knew my insurance would cover a large portion of the costs.

If I was still at my last job, it's possible I would have just tested myself for appendicitis, and if I didn't think that was the issue, I wouldn't have gone since I couldn't afford it. Learned that lesson the hard way when I went for a single mri and ended up owing over 2k on my last insurance.
Glad you went and that it isn’t appendicitis. Is it a flu?

glad it i was not appendicitis. Did they give a diagnosis

Irritatingly, my mental health is playing up again. I was up until 4 o' clock in the morning last night, and had to knock off work when I really didn't want to because I felt like poo warmed up.
Good call knocking off work. Please take good care of yourself brother. Stay connected with things of value to you, find time to watch funny stuff that make you chuckle and that take life less seriously, and we're here to connect and chat okay.

Latest Discussions

Back