Last Poster #7

I’m going to watch it tomorrow. 🤗

A month or so ago, I watched Le Samourai with my son. Considered a classic. I don't think I realized how much of an homage Ghost Dog is to that movie. Really obvious when you watch them both so close together, though.

And, even Monday is good so far..... breakfast was southern (cantonese) style Chicken Baozi, and lunch will be Chicken Lo mein and xiaolongbao......all from Chinatown.... now off to do some xingyiquan in my basement before lunch.....Seems weird to have a nice Monday

Well, that's not good.... skipped dengue fever and went right to Ebola...not good...not good at all
I actually did contract dengue fever when on holiday in Burma! It’s synonym of ‘bone-breaking fever’ is very accurate.

That thing when you're so, so tired but you can't sleep because your thoughts are racing? Major warning sign. But thanks to certain people getting it into their heads that people are taking psychiatric meds unnecessarily, I can't get the diazepam that it is blatantly obvious that I need.

sorry to hear that...ultimately it wasn't much of a holiday then
It was a few years ago and got me out of trudging through Yangon in high temperatures and humidity and attending my other half’s medical school reunion! Every cloud….

It was a few years ago and got me out of trudging through Yangon in high temperatures and humidity and attending my other half’s medical school reunion! Every cloud….
well that's a good way to look at it...... but I still say you are owed a holiday...because of that holiday...but, avoid Burma

That thing when you're so, so tired but you can't sleep because your thoughts are racing? Major warning sign. But thanks to certain people getting it into their heads that people are taking psychiatric meds unnecessarily, I can't get the diazepam that it is blatantly obvious that I need.
I hope you get some relief. That sounds frustrating. You call the doc?

I hope you get some relief. That sounds frustrating. You call the doc?
Yup. Apparently I can see a doctor in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm calming myself down by doing nice little landscapes

Attachments

• implied bog.jpg
    implied bog.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 6
My wife and I went to Chinatown this past weekend, and my wife tends to look at reviews of restaurants... but only those in Chinese does she take seriously...

She did read a couple in english that got us both laughing...someone was praising the Chinese Pad Thai they got at a restaurant.... and another was praising the Chinese Sushi..... Neither of those restaurants were in Chinatown by the way.

Also going to Chinatown with Mrs Xue is generally a restaurant grand tour. We have our favorites, mine being a little hole in the wall Cantonese place where I am generally the only white guy in the room and many times my wife is the only native mandarin speaker in the room. But they make everything there and it is AWSOME!!!... also tried a new Dim Sum place.... tiny, had to share a table, but it was great too

We walked into a new one and my wife was looking at the menu...I was looking around the room, in this rather fancy restaurant, in Chinatown..and other than the wait staff and my wife...there were no Chinese people in the place.... not a good sign...so we left

That was just one part of my unusually great weekend

My wife and I went to Chinatown this past weekend, and my wife tends to look at reviews of restaurants... but only those in Chinese does she take seriously...

She did read a couple in english that got us both laughing...someone was praising the Chinese Pad Thai they got at a restaurant.... and another was praising the Chinese Sushi..... Neither of those restaurants were in Chinatown by the way.

Also going to Chinatown with Mrs Xue is generally a restaurant grand tour. We have our favorites, mine being a little hole in the wall Cantonese place where I am generally the only white guy in the room and many times my wife is the only native mandarin speaker in the room. But they make everything there and it is AWSOME!!!... also tried a new Dim Sum place.... tiny, had to share a table, but it was great too

We walked into a new one and my wife was looking at the menu...I was looking around the room, in this rather fancy restaurant, in Chinatown..and other than the wait staff and my wife...there were no Chinese people in the place.... not a good sign...so we left

That was just one part of my unusually great weekend
We have pretty good dim sum in the international district a few blocks from my office downtown.

In the seattle area, we have a really diverse Asian population, so you’ll see good Korean food next to a ramen house, next to a Chinese hot pot And we have teriyaki and pho in pretty much every strip mall you see. Fortunately, I like pretty much all of it.

Like you say, though, some are better than others. I’ll drive past 4 ramen joints to get it from my favorite. Which is this place, if you’re ever in the south king county area: https://yelp.to/OTN6BAFMhM

Latest Discussions

Back