Last Poster #7

The first 3-4 series weren’t very good. They were finding their feet, writing but then it blossomed into a work of art.

Star Trek’s tend to be the same…first three series are ropey until they become great….the original series was generally the opposite way around.

I can't get enough of Friends. Ross........ greatest character of all time.

And your third topic is so very niche and interesting!!! Was it just a topic that fascinated you?

Ross is considered as the most disliked character and actor of American Sitcoms in thirty years. Maybe ever.

Ross is considered as the most disliked character and actor of American Sitcoms in thirty years. Maybe ever.
Really? By whom? He’s loved and adored in…Lithuania.

I used to watch Frasier. Seinfeld was the best though.
Almost died at the end of the episode where the girl Jerry was dating finally told the tractor story.

I used to watch Frasier. Seinfeld was the best though.
Almost died at the end of the episode where the girl Jerry was dating finally told the tractor story.
I tried to get into Seinfeld as it’s on Netflix now, but I just get into it. it seemed very ‘of it’s time’. To my knowledge it was only shown on U.K. TV once, whereas three episodes of Frasier have been shown on British TV every morning for a good decade now. I still watch them!

Wow!

Ha ha, yes!😂 Also the tanning booth episode.

I always found Phoebe a somewhat superfluous character.

Now, how is ‘Frasier’ received in the US?

I can only speak for the East Coast, but the original Frazier was adored. And the character, Niles was most people’s favorite.

A good buddy of mine lived across the street from David Hyde Pierce in Los Feliz. (Part of L.A.) They used to hang out while their dogs played with each other in Pierce’s yard.

My buddy always says that Pierce was always the nicest, real person he’s ever known. Just a really good man. I liked hearing that.

The recent Frazier, who David Hyde Pierce wanted no part of being in, is not liked by anyone I’ve spoken to. I watched two episodes, couldn’t watch anymore.

My favorite scene in Frazier - I don’t remember if it was at the beginning of the episode, or after a commercial break, or just at the beginning of a scene. They show Niles face, he’s sleeping in bed. He wakes up. Something’s not right. He turns the other way.

Frazier’s ex-wife, Lilith, is in his bed.
Miles is horrified.

Man, I laughed so hard.

The character and David Schimmer are just brilliant. But what about Niles Crane?
100%! Oh Niles Crane is also very much up there, just fantastic.
The Apollo moon landing were humanity’s greatest endeavour and the astronaut unbelievably brave. The technological things accomplished to get there were simply genius.The Apollo Guidance Computer, the pressure suit, a rock engine that you could throttle (in the lander) 😳 Just incredible. Did you know the Saturn V weight as much as a navy destroyer? After 30 seconds of flight it reached the speed of sound! 90 seconds after that, it was doing nine times the speed of sound! Each of the five F1, first stage engines burned 3 tons of fuel per second…more than Charles Lindbergh used on his entire flight across the Atlantic. All the engine’s turbo pumps shifted 15 tons of kerosine per second to produce 7.6 million pounds of thrust. Which man wouldn’t find that interesting? I have learned to my cost, that women find this stuff deathly boring, so don’t use these data on romantic dates.😐
Okay. I know who's on my team for Apollo Moon landings themed trivia night.

Did not know any of that, fascinating! And yeah I absolutely cannot fathom the courage of those astronauts. Phenomenal.

Wow!

Ha ha, yes!😂 Also the tanning booth episode.

I always found Phoebe a somewhat superfluous character.

Now, how is ‘Frasier’ received in the US?
Tanning booth one was hilarious 🤣. "I'm an 8?!?!?"

I feel the exact same about Phoebe! I could never quite gel with her on the show! Maybe I just found the others funnier.

I disliked that entire show..... I disliked it so much I that I upset this rather attractive nurse i knew when the series ended.... but I disliked the show so much...it was worth it..... she didn't talk to me for a week......

She was a huge fan of the show, and was very upset it was over after the last show.... she was talking to me about it and I asked her....in the finally, did they all die in a fiery plane crash....she said NO!!!... I responded.... well now I'm upset too.... I also upset another woman I knew with a similar comment about her favorite band, when Jerry Garcia died, she didn't talk to me for months..... but that is stuff of another post.....

Well, I hope everyone is heading into a nice weekend. The sun has made an appearance here.
Has actually been a nice weekend thank you, hope yours has been enjoyable too.

Last session of the term for karate yesterday in which we did wrestling/grappling and push hands (whaat? Blasphemy!!).

Just now drinking a double espresso of Ethiopian Gambella Sundried (natural) I roasted few weeks ago and hangin' out with this little chick'a'dee.

20240922_100643.jpg

20240922_100759.jpg

20240922_093411.jpg

20240922_101349.jpg

Back