Last Poster #7

I don’t no much about dancing, but is their footwork anywhere near as precise as required in, say Koroddy?
Even straight ballroom with no lifts or figures can have quite complex foot movement as you move around the room. I did actually teach pinan nidan to my mother once. She managed OK. Better than I did at the foxtrot anyway.

In a podcast I listen to, one of the two main guys is from yorkshire. If there's a t in the middle of a word, he always skips it (the biggest one I notice is "Tattoo" gets pronounced ta-oo"). I'd imagine he pronounces karate as kuh-rah-eee

In a podcast I listen to, one of the two main guys is from yorkshire. If there's a t in the middle of a word, he always skips it (the biggest one I notice is "Tattoo" gets pronounced ta-oo"). I'd imagine he pronounces karate as kuh-rah-eee
Some American's do this, too. I have an employee who is originally from California. He'll say things like buh-un instead of button.

Slight tangent, but the one I don't care for is what is called cursive singing... where the singer will take on a strange sounding accent with a lot of vocal fry. The kids seem to like it, though.

I’ve often wonder how well all these ‘hip hop’ and ‘break dancers’ would take to the martial arts. Their extreme athletic abilities would give them such an advantage.
My coach was a hip hop dancer at one point.

We also have a circus performer come train with us when he is in town.

Both very physical guys.

Last edited:
My coach was a hip hop dancer at one point.
Drop Bear's coach:

1726864748005.png

What is it with which they have difficulty?

This feeds into the idea of cross training…

How very strange!

Ballet is a lot of training, maybe even more than Martial Arts. Maybe.

They’re used to raising and extending their legs in a completely different way than we are. They’re raising and extending strictly for the beauty seen by an audience. We raise and extend for entirely different reasons.

I think I found him... the kid in a rash guard... has to be your coach: :D

View attachment 31727
That sounds likley. There is a Facebook video that gets around. But I am locked out at the moment.

The circus guy who does jits with us might even be an ashton.

Which is a big big deal in circus circles.

Speaking of famous guys who I have trained with. I trained with a guy called Troy Dunn. Who is possibly the cowboyiest cowboy to ever cowboy.

And yeah. He was hard as nails.

Back