Last Poster #7

Another retirement at my office, and then there were 2.........and the more the corp takes over.... and the more I am written out of the script... I was out 3 weeks, China and Covid and they had a software issue when I left, I told them how to fix before I left.... they did not listen.... and it is still not working....... users still do not have access to what they need....

another user stopped me and said they had to wait hours for a fix to their issue that they needed ASAP. I know for a fact we could have fixed the issue in minutes before.....

Talking with Mrs Xue.... plan was to retire early 2027. But Mrs Xue has said we need to figure out exactly how much of a difference there is between early 2025, 2026 and 2027. If it is not that much, then why wait.....
Totally agree. I hope you’re able to make it happen, Xue. You’ve been unhappy in that job for years.

I like this... sunrise...Maine... was there a week ago and will be there again next weekend... and if I'm lucky, I'll retire there too

18cf3e5d-dsc1479-hdr-edit.jpg

I love Maine. I can’t wait to see it again, have some close friends there.

I’m currently writing a horror novel set in northern Maine. There be monsters.

didn't even try, it is mostly specialty ice coffee..... I don't like ice coffee and I am not a fan of flavored coffee either
One of my friends at work is from Korea, and she knows I like coffee. Her idea of coffee is a very sweet, iced coffee drink. It’s delicious, but not what I’d want to drink all the time.

One of my friends at work is from Korea, and she knows I like coffee. Her idea of coffee is a very sweet, iced coffee drink. It’s delicious, but not what I’d want to drink all the time.
That is pretty much what most of the coffee places in Beijing have.... but I don't like it much at all. The only place that had coffee that I would drink were the Starbucks, but they were INCREDIBLY expensive by Beijing standards. So any coffee I go was from the hotel and it was surprisingly rather good

I like this... sunrise...Maine... was there a week ago and will be there again next weekend... and if I'm lucky, I'll retire there too

18cf3e5d-dsc1479-hdr-edit.jpg
Is it too cold to retire in Maine?

Before I retired, my wife and I drove from San Diago (too hot) all the way up to Bodega Bay (too cold). We chose the middle part of California - Pismo beach. I have spent 15 years there to avoid hot Texas summer.

Austin, Texas - 96 degree
Pismo Beach - 64 degree

Last edited:
Is it too cold to retire in Maine?

Before I retired, my wife and I drove from San Diago (too hot) all the way up to Bodega Bay (too cold). We chose the middle part of California - Pismo beach. I have spent 15 years there to avoid hot Texas summer.

Austin, Texas - 96 degree
Pismo Beach - 64 degree

Maine is perfect for me... I like winter..... I am not a fan of heat..... also as for California.... to me... it is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.... and I have visited California, rather like Newport Beach.... but to me, Maine, and New England in general, is better.

Last edited:
I love Maine. I can’t wait to see it again, have some close friends there.

I’m currently writing a horror novel set in northern Maine. There be monsters.
I have a retired cousin in Maine, but he never bought the place where he lives, and now cant afford to! So he's looking for a cheaper place with similar charm ...like Nova Scotia:
lighthouse-1872998_1920-1.jpg

When I was a kid in the 60s our families spent a month together on Cliff Island in Casco Bay. You know, where they filmed that movie The Whales of August. Had a wonderful time. I've never been back though. It's a long way from Phoenix. Besides, that was over 60 years ago, and I shudder to imagine how it's changed. Probably all developed and really expensive....

Better to stick with my childhood memories of fishing off the dock, catching garter snakes along the road, digging for clams on Sand Island, cooking fresh caught lobster on the beach by Diamond Rock in front of Ms. Plack's cabin, exploring the old WWII bunkers and towers over on Jewell Island, and swimming in water colder than anything I have ever known before or since! :)

I have a retired cousin in Maine, but he never bought the place where he lives, and now cant afford to! So he's looking for a cheaper place with similar charm ...like Nova Scotia:
lighthouse-1872998_1920-1.jpg

When I was a kid in the 60s our families spent a month together on Cliff Island in Casco Bay. You know, where they filmed that movie The Whales of August. Had a wonderful time. I've never been back though. It's a long way from Phoenix. Besides, that was over 60 years ago, and I shudder to imagine how it's changed. Probably all developed and really expensive....

Better to stick with my childhood memories of fishing off the dock, catching garter snakes along the road, digging for clams on Sand Island, cooking fresh caught lobster on the beach by Diamond Rock in front of Ms. Plack's cabin, exploring the old WWII bunkers and towers over on Jewell Island, and swimming in water colder than anything I have ever known before or since! :)

We used to catch garter snakes in the late summer, keep them in a nice tank, feed them goldfish all winter and let them go in the
late spring right where we caught them.

Back