Last Poster #7

I just had a facepalm moment

Listen to a person, who is a minister, make fun of a young Chinese guy, that use to work for him, who went and became real live Buddhist Monk....he was making fun of him to a 3rd person, not the monk himself.....

I think I need to go home now

IMG_0520.jpeg

My part time writing partner, Sandy, used to be Billy Mummy’s stunt double. That was after being one of the background singers for all of Elvis’s movies. She also has a TKD black belt.

At eighty four she still works in the film industry. I always tell her she’s a slacker

Wow, we've got a serious dedicated bot doing the rounds here! Posting very perfectly crafted informative messages, but toooo perfect. Still don't understand how the bot thing works.
They do encourage some interesting debates.

View attachment 31361

My part time writing partner, Sandy, used to be Billy Mummy’s stunt double. That was after being one of the background singers for all of Elvis’s movies. She also has a TKD black belt.

At eighty four she still works in the film industry. I always tell her she’s a slacker

Is there anyone you don't know :D

Is there anyone you don't know :D

It’s odd. So many I knew passed away. Others moved far away. And one, who texted or called me every day for the past five years ghosted me a month ago. I have no idea why.

Probably realized I have the intelligence of a small waste basket.

had a bit of a medical scare last night and today. Thought I was getting a retinal detachment in my good eye. Emergency visit to the eye doctor today, it turned out to be a gel detachment, basically a new floater is being born

had a bit of a medical scare last night and today. Thought I was getting a retinal detachment in my good eye. Emergency visit to the eye doctor today, it turned out to be a gel detachment, basically a new floater is being born
Hopefuly that is not so bad? :)

Well, its been a day, although I am happy about the eye things so far.... I also had a scheduled appointment with my GP MD today too.... I have a sinus infection......

Ahhhh, am over the moon!! A band from the US that I'm really digging announced their first ever tour to Aus. Tickets sold out within 15 minutes, and I only found out days after that they were even coming! Was super bummed out to miss out... so was checking for relisted tickets every day (a silly amount of times each day). GOT TICKETS!! Happy chappy I am

Ahhhh, am over the moon!! A band from the US that I'm really digging announced their first ever tour to Aus. Tickets sold out within 15 minutes, and I only found out days after that they were even coming! Was super bummed out to miss out... so was checking for relisted tickets every day (a silly amount of times each day). GOT TICKETS!! Happy chappy I am
Katy Perry?

I saw this on a plaque attached to a old broken, damaged park bench. These plaques are often used as a memorial in the U.K. I found it really moving:

A memorial to an unknown husband: Much imagined, much desired, never found.

I generally have have 2 or more dilated eye exams a year due to my history of retinal detachment and cataract surgery .

Sadly, I like pineapple, it doesn’t like me. I start eating fruit with citric acid, which I do like, my forearms get a rather uncomfortable, rather itchy, rash...so I have an allergy ti it, or at least that is what it appears to be

I have an IPhone. I think it’s a 14.

Can anyone tell me how/why my settings change without me EVER going into my settings?

AT&T is my provider (is that the right word?)

Should I switch to something else? I don’t do anything complicated on my phone. I make calls, take photos, go on M.T, look up stuff on Google, read the news, text notes to myself concerning my writing, go to a couple other sites, that’s it. That’s the list.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Apple have been accused of all sorts of dodgy things like ‘throttling’ and building redundancy into their software. I wouldn’t put anything past them but I’m not into conspiracies at all.

You use your phone for the same sorts of things I do. I have a Samsung S23s (512GB) and have used Samsung for about 6-7 years without issue and I’m delighted with it. The only issue I’ve had is connecting it to my Macbook Air in order to archive some photos. I had to whip out an old PC laptop to transfer my photos, put them on a memory stick and then view them onto my Macbook. But thats my fault for being a cross platform idiot!

Apple laptops last a long time without slowing down. Their iPads are the same and I love the iPOD (RIP) but their iPhone <shudder>

When did ‘gunman’ become replaced by the term ‘shooter’?

Back