Journey to a new style...

‘….during the fuc*ety, 18th century, there was a cu*ty wa*ker-fu*k bas*ard paradigm shift in the huge kn*ckers application of sh*t-sack Tee where the fu*king, co*ksucky sh*t bast*rd an*s ringp*ece w*nkerty…’
Pretty close!!! Needs more cowbell.

Ps. Oh and the 1000 words found out today is just a minimum. *whew!*

I do swear a great deal in my history of Karate essay...
It's the old gag.

Do a thousand word essay.

"Two men walked in to a bar. They both drew guns and fired.

Bang bang bang bang............

And they both died.

The end."

Your technique execution isn't going to improve that much over the next 3 wks. If your open to unsolicited advice, I suggest you cut down on drills as far as reps, speed and power is concerned and just work on relaxation and control. Especially true in kata. Not only will this give you smoother performance (often much liked in shodan tests) but also keep you fresher during the length of the test. The tendency is to try too hard, only adding pressure on yourself and roughness in execution. IMO, relaxed control is key. Let your years of training and practice do their own thing. Good luck.
Nobody finishes a fight wishing they had spent less time on cardio.

Just saying.

Pretty close!!! Needs more cowbell.

Ps. Oh and the 1000 words found out today is just a minimum. *whew!*
As someone who marked projects and essays as part of their career, bear in mind, succinct, pithy writing is appreciated: you don’t want to irritate the marker with verbosity. Make good use of sub heading so the marker knows what’s coming up, but no so many that the flow of the essay is interrupted.

Secreting paper money between the pages goes a long way to good marks.

Just saying.
A great saying. Yeah I've really ramped up the cardio, to more than would be necessary. Trying to take into account nerves etc which sap me, so hopefully my reserves are well and truly good.

As someone who marked projects and essays as part of their career, bear in mind, succinct, pithy writing is appreciated: you don’t want to irritate the marker with verbosity. Make good use of sub heading so the marker knows what’s coming up, but no so many that the flow of the essay is interrupted.

Secreting paper money between the pages goes a long way to good marks.
Hahaha...

Yeah for sure. My writing is very much not circular or excessive, just so much that I couldn't leave out. All good I'm glad it was just a minimum word count, and I actually learned so much through the process of research and study :)

A great saying. Yeah I've really ramped up the cardio, to more than would be necessary. Trying to take into account nerves etc which sap me, so hopefully my reserves are well and truly good.
For stamina take D-Ribose, Ashwagandha, and two hours before the grading, two shots of concentrated beetroot juice with a dirty mouth (brushing one’s teeth stops it working: non-nitric oxide synthase pathway requires oral anaerobic bacteria to make it work).

The number one thing that will reduce your performance is you. Self inhibition/doubt etc, so have a little ‘mind management routine’ to distract your mind off things just before you kick off. I imagine slats of armour-like timber, slamming sequentially into place around my abdomen kicking up a bit of dust, then a mini Bruce Lee appears in front of me an does rapid Wing Chun chain punching into my impervious belly, caterwauling throughout! Then I start my kata…It really helps.

Hahaha...

Yeah for sure. My writing is very much not circular or excessive, just so much that I couldn't leave out. All good I'm glad it was just a minimum word count, and I actually learned so much through the process of research and study :)
You have learned much, young _Simon_…🤔…what have you learned?

Low stress cardio is always good. My post was in response to the quote below:
but I'm now currently sick. Possibly pushed too hard or just other stresses, so training is slightly derailed
Over-training, especially when hard on the joints or causing mental stress, is not condusive to a multi-hour (as most are) black belt test. When I was training for my shodan, my training was very intense, and I got water on the knee a few days before the test. As the final days of the test draw near, working on "relaxation and control" IMO is more beneficial than trying to squeeze out more power or speed. Gyakuto notes this below.
The number one thing that will reduce your performance is you.
So true. You can do all the repetition, speed and power work you want, but if you're mentally out of sorts it won't do you much good. Mental control and relaxation have to be practiced as well (something not usually realized by lower belts) and will do more good than the other training just before the test. And this will aid in endurance during the test at least as much as cardio.

Latest Discussions

Back