Have any other karateka besides George Dillman been able to accomplish the point strike knockout?

TaiQiKarate

White Belt
Reaction score
I have watched George Dillman's video many times but I cannot figure out how he knocks out opponents merely by tapping them on the arm.
He demonstrates how acupuncture point striking is built into the karate katas but I do not understand how he does it.
It's not fake because karate guys who have never met him before tried to keep from getting knocked out but he still put them on the floor with a single touch.
Are there any karatekas on this forum who can explain to me how he does it.
Do they have that skill?
And how can it be learned?

Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF.webp

I have watched George Dillman's video many times but I cannot figure out how he knocks out opponents merely by tapping them on the arm.
He demonstrates how acupuncture point striking is built into the karate katas but I do not understand how he does it.
It's not fake because karate guys who have never met him before tried to keep from getting knocked out but he still put them on the floor with a single touch.
Do they have that skill?

Watched a demo he did live at tournament, long ago...
Asking for volunteer's from the audience to be knocked out. 😂

Didn't volunteer, did watch those that did 🙂

What I noticed. 🤔

He always managed to tap the carotid artery on the neck..What looked like a slight tap by someone trained, used on someone in a static neutral postion...

Even a slight interruption in the blood flow can cause loss of consciousness...
by someone highly trained to do so, demoing on those not trying to defend against it..

His theory, by using multiple timed strikes in a sequence on major artery points sounds plausible.

As always context is everything...🙂

allowing those to either choke or knock you out

Probably not good for the brain,,,In the "demo" he revived,
those knocked out as quickly as possible,
had some of his students helping him at the time ..Reviving those knocked out...

One might wonder what happens if he couldn't 😳

Last edited:
Ultimately, the answer to this would violate our policy on fraudbusting.

However, if you are looking to do similar things as George Dillman, I would recommend reading about the powerful power of suggestion.

Master Dillman is a very accomplished Martial Artist and businessman. Although I only spent two afternoons with him, that man could sell ice to an Inuit. As could his Sensei, Master Barnum.

His feats are legendary in every sense of the word.

Do they have that skill?
I want to learn it too. There's no rule against no-touch knockouts in the UFC, and I want to be famous. Maybe they'll even put my picture on the box of Wheaties. And I'll finally be in the social circles to date my celebrity crushes. Man, this is gonna be awesome!

Do they have that skill?

It's called sucker punching.

I have experienced the "no touch" knockout when I was much younger. Whenever I got close to my date she would say, "No touch!" Failure to comply resulted in me being knocked out. :D

I hope this was as entertaining as Dillman's performances were. I think he also studied with master Bailey as well as Barnum.

Nobody can except the complicit victim.
Neither does he…it’s not true.
I have some magic beans that I’m willing to sell you for three pieces of gold.
They clearly don’t know about the special positioning of there big toes and their tongues.
Yes, it’s completely fake and I’m an anatomist/neuroscientist and general know- it-all.
Do they have that skill?
Nobody does.
In a three part seminar at the introductory price of $3670 per part.

Rubbish! There are three other major arteries that supply the brain with blood.

could be wrong, 🤔 there are 4 including the carotid arteries

circle of Willis

Which ones do you use, applying a blood choke..?

Do you mean, it can not happen, or it doesn't happen often..🤔

Striking or applying pressure to the carotid artery can cause
loss of consciousness, commonly referred to as being knocked out or choked out..

Not a good thing to allow to happen, can cause permanent injury..

something to keep in mind..🤔

By what ever means....striking or compression..
The rapid drop in blood pressure or the disruption of blood flow to the brain can lead to a loss of consciousness almost immediately.

Last edited:
actually there are 4 including the carotid arteries

circle of Willis
That’s what I said. The vertebral (2) and internal carotids (2)… total of four. You were suggesting that tapping one of the carotid arteries would somehow interrupt the flow (it wouldn’t) which would leave three other arteries to supply the brain with plenty of oxygenated blood…’collateral blood flow’.

You were suggesting that tapping one of the carotid arteries would somehow interrupt the flow (it wouldn’t) which would leave three other arteries to supply the brain with plenty of oxygenated blood…’collateral blood flow’.

😂 let someone who is trained in any striking art tap it, with the idea of knocking you out...
See how it works out..

Blood choke,,,,how does it work
does it take both arteries or just one,,🤔

What about the other 2 or 3 ?

anyway,,,in answer to the OP...

Did watch Dillman, in person.

Noticed that most if not all his taps,,,ended with one touching the neck...
the movements very quick and precise..

As to "light" or "heavy" probably around
5 lb or more of force, not much 😐

Not a good idea to let anyone hit or strike the neck or throat area.... even in practice..

Last edited:
He demonstrates how acupuncture point striking is built into the karate katas
According to famed karate historian, Master Patrick McCarthy, vital point striking was developed during the 1500-1600's period in China and was included in the earliest of what would become jiu-jutsu forms, and also finding its way into karate kata. Over the past century the importance of this kind of technique has faded, but I believe they were once prevalent in kata. The revisions and modifications of kata during this time have mostly erased most traces of it though. That said, this type of striking is very difficult in combat even with years of practice.
His theory, by using multiple timed strikes in a sequence on major artery points sounds plausible.
The Chinese had a concept of sichen based on the 12 hour cycle of blood flow. Striking certain points along chi flow meridians, vessels, nerve bundles and organs at particular times of the day could inflict grievous injury, especially if two such vital points were to be struck at the same time.

This is noted in the 8 Principles of Chaun'fa: "The blood flowing thru the body resembles the lunar and solar cycles." Isshinryu founder Shimabuku adopted these principles, with some modification into his Code of Karate.
Such ideas have lasted hundreds of years so may have some basis in truth. Whether they can be used in practical combat is IMO doubtful.

Rubbish! There are three other major arteries that supply the brain with blood.
My extremely knowledgeable sensei told me not only the stopping of blood flow can put you out, but the sudden resumption of flow can also have an effect. This is what I can tell you from direct experience: He put me in a hard blood choke. After starting to see stars in seconds I tapped out, feeling fine; took a few steps (5-10 seconds) and then collapsed to my knees. Quite interesting.

Back