Gates and racial profiling?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, If you live in an area...mostly blacks...and crimes are mostly by blacks? and you get a call...someone breaking into a home?

...and there is a black guy? ....what is a reasonable police officer to think is going on! everyone is a suspect...here...NO matter the color!

IT was Gates who was racial profiling the police offcier here!

Born and Raise in mix races of all kinds..in Hawaii...at 18 years old..army basic training in east side of USA...

I never experience so much racism in my entire life before than...Whites guys treated you like a second class person...blacks treated you like an outsider...you could feel the racism...

IF you teach a child to hate (whites or blacks) they will grow up to hate and there kids will learn from there role models (parents)...

THAN THE HATE OR RACISM....NEVER ENDS....same for the muslins...and everything else here....

"WE can stop the racism...if we want too...especially for the younger children....

Please stop the spreading of hate/ racism....OR it will never end!

It is our kids...that needs to follow the RIGHT role models...

Aloha, Mix-up?

PS: If Gates...did not harbor racism... and have been more polite and humble....This wouldn't become what it became? ....Life offer us to behavior to choose? ....Did Gates make the right choice here in words? .....???? everyone knows...there is more than one way to say things...

Hello, If you live in an area...mostly blacks...and crimes are mostly by blacks? and you get a call...someone breaking into a home?

...and there is a black guy? ....what is a reasonable police officer to think is going on! everyone is a suspect...here...NO matter the color!

In my neighborhood there was a house alarm going off. It stopped after a few seconds, so I ignored it and took a shower.

I came out and the alarm was going off again, so I got dressed and walked across the street to try to see where it was coming from. A nearby circle that went behind the house across the street. While walking across the street to talk to my neighbor to see if they were home and if they knew if the other owners were home, the local police rolled up. They stopped and asked me what I was doing. I explained the above and that I had left the house without ID. I could provide it by tell them where to go in the house. He just smiled and said no problem and then moved onto the house. His back up rolled by in less time it took me to cross the street and get into my house.

I did not refuse ID, I explained why I did not have it on me and where the officer could find it.

In refusing to provide ID or to take a breath test or what have you under a situation where there is suspect is not racism.

Note: I moved into my neighborhood as it has a good mix of Caucasion to African American to Asian and Indian/Pakastan, with couples of multiple races married and raising kids. But as the big scary guy standing on the edge of the street, while an officer is rolling up to investigate a house alarm, I am a suspect until the officer clears me. I understand this.

Latest Discussions

Back