First technique

The first 10 techniques Delayed Sword etc. where introduced to my club in the early eighties at the time I was a 2nd degree Brown, prior to this the first syllabus technique was Clutching Feathers.

kenpoworks said:
The first 10 techniques Delayed Sword etc. where introduced to my club in the early eighties at the time I was a 2nd degree Brown, prior to this the first syllabus technique was Clutching Feathers.
Your e-mail bounced. Send it to me again will ya me o' china.

In Tracy's Kenpo it was Knee of Vengence

In American Kenpo which I just started was Delayed Sword

Not sure what everyone else calls it but our first technique is referred to as "Wrap-around Arm Lock "A". A technique used against a right shoulder grab from 3:00.

I know you guys are mainly talking Kenpo; however I thought you may still be interested in a Kempo perspective.

My first class consisted of basics, followed by the first goho combination technique I learned, it was uchi uke tsuki, an inside block followed by a punch to the front of the kidney, in defence against a punch to the head. This was followed later in class by my first juho technique, kote nuki. This is an escape from a cross arm bar (ude juji).

Now I’m confused. The heading of this forum is “Kenpo / Kempo - Technical Discussion”. If you only want to talk about one style of kenpo why use such a broad header and include the different spellings of Kempo. Either change the heading, or stop your moaning when others post here.

tracy kenpo - after learning to block punches, it was wedge.

lever was my first.passing the horizon 2nd and headlock escape 3rd

My Current School: "Grip of Death"

My First School: "Delayed Sword"

Hello,

My first technique was: Delayed sword than second Sword of destruction and after that a combo of the two in two variations , right straight punch - left hook and a left hook - straight right punch flowing from DS into SOD and vice versa.

grtz,

PS and also Sword and hammer.

DutchKenpo said:
Hello,

My first technique was: Delayed sword than second Sword of destruction and after that a combo of the two in two variations , right straight punch - left hook and a left hook - straight right punch flowing from DS into SOD and vice versa.

grtz,

PS and also Sword and hammer.
Oddly enough this was essentially my first technique lesson.

Jeff :asian:

Back