Do you agree with his Taiji application?

Theoretically, you are correct, but there are many Charlatans, hucksters, and self deluded out there teaching half assed versions.

And ?

Does it impact "your" or anyone else's training ?
Are you willing to go out and help them see the "light" or better yet
be the "example " helping others find their way 🤔

In CMA what are known as, sometimes refereed to as "fighting" styles
The above mentioned doesn't happen to much...those within the systems
tend to pay their respects to those claiming to teach, or misrepresent, the practice,
in the traditional CMA way..

Taiji being billed by many as a health practice, doesn't do this so much unless one is explicitly claiming family style lineage,
and representation..

A matter for those within or close to, the culture, not so much for those outside of it...

IMO Better to remain a practitioner, sharing the art,
then claiming to be a representative of it, teaching the art.

less problems,,,more interesting in meeting with others.. 🤔

Last edited:
We are talking about Taiji application here. You don't need Taiji application for health.

windwalker: Taiji being billed by many as a health practice, doesn't do this so much unless one is explicitly claiming family style lineage,
and representation..

Seem to have left something out,,,was it your intention to do so ?
Or are you trying to make a point ?
🤔

Seem to have left something out,,,was it your intention to do so ?
Or are you trying to make a point ?
🤔
IMO, Taiji health discussion is not the main purpose of this Taiji application discussion.

When we mix application with health, self-cultivation, inner peace, culture study, performance, ... it will turn a concrete discussion into an abstract discussion.

This is why when you said, "outer stance is for opening the Kua". To me, that's health concern and not application concern.

IMO, Taiji health discussion is not the main purpose of this Taiji application discussion.

When we mix application with health, self-cultivation, inner peace, culture study, performance, ... it will turn a concrete discussion into an abstract discussion.

This is why when you said, "outer stance is for opening the Kua". To me, that's health concern and not application concern.
my writing is poor...🤔

For those wanting a health practice, inner peace, ect, always make sure help them find the "right" teacher for what they want.
Not the focus point of my own path..

When we talk of opening and closing, its in reference to power or force generation.
The type of power or force.

We probably would not agree on.. 🤔

Also not the point of the thread...😂
The teacher in question Master Gao Zhuang Fei, one of Master Wang Peisheng, disciples
was known for his demonstrations of usage, and explaining wu style taiji, theory.

Last edited:
When we talk of opening and closing, its in reference to power or force generation.
The type of power or force.
We are discussing which direction of that power generation is.

- Right foot points SW.
- Left foot points SE.

Which direction will the power generation go?

When I train Taji for application use, I get health benefits as well. When I only train it for health, I only get half of the health benefits. Sometimes I don't think things should be separated in this manner. Training application doesn't mean one must use it outside of training.

We are discussing which direction of that power generation is.

- Right foot points SW.
- Left foot points SE.

Which direction will the power generation go?

1725938136587.png

🤔 good question ?

In reference to Master Gao Zhuang Fei, "wu style taiji"

Asking the same question over, and over won't change what he demoed
nor his explanation.

He explained it quite explicitly, in Chinese...
in his demonstration.

It's not necessary for a person to agree with it or not,
more so for those who do not practice the method based on the theory.

Last edited:
And ?

Does it impact "your" or anyone else's training ?
Are you willing to go out and help them see the "light" or better yet
be the "example " helping others find their way 🤔

In CMA what are known as, sometimes refereed to as "fighting" styles
The above mentioned doesn't happen to much...those within the systems
tend to pay their respects to those claiming to teach, or misrepresent, the practice,
in the traditional CMA way..

Taiji being billed by many as a health practice, doesn't do this so much unless one is explicitly claiming family style lineage,
and representation..

A matter for those within or close to, the culture, not so much for those outside of it...

IMO Better to remain a practitioner, sharing the art,
then claiming to be a representative of it, teaching the art.

less problems,,,more interesting in meeting with others.. 🤔

I don’t claim to be a representative, I merely stated an opinion. To be clear, I’m a hobbyist, not a professional. I teach only because my Sifu passed suddenly and I was asked by Simo, and by my training brothers to do it. Whether someone is a member of the”culture” is irrelevant, there is no such thing that would change the principles of the training. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.

In reference to Master Gao Zhuang Fei, "wu style taiji"

Asking the same question over, and over won't change what he demoed
nor his explanation.
I'm asking your opinion. Whether you want to answer my question or not will be your free choice. I'm not asking Gao Zhuang Fei's opinion.

I'm asking your opinion. Whether you want to answer my question or not will be your free choice. I'm not asking Gao Zhuang Fei's opinion.

Agreed with Master Gao's explanation ...🤔

Whether you agree with it or not, is your free choice.

Agreed with Master Gao's explanation ...🤔

Whether you agree with it or not, is your free choice.
He said his

- right hand go SW.
- left hand go SE.
- right leg go SW.
- left leg go SE.

It's very difficult to understand what Taiji application that he is talking about. Since I can't understand his application, that's why I just ask you instead.

I don’t claim to be a representative, I merely stated an opinion. To be clear, I’m a hobbyist, not a professional. I teach only because my Sifu passed suddenly and I was asked by Simo, and by my training brothers to do it. Whether someone is a member of the”culture” is irrelevant, there is no such thing that would change the principles of the training. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.

It is relevant because there are cultural elements that those familiar with would know as part of the tradition from which the methods and training originated, that those outside of it, may have problems with.

For example, the question about the position of the feet was asked by someone, presumably a native speaker, who apparently either does not agree with it or does not understand it. . 🤔

The stance "single whip" was explained, mentioning cross-body alignment and energy flow through the back and front channels of the body, tied to each foot.

The construct used is not mechanically based, as has been mentioned. This might make it difficult to understand how power generation functions.

He shows the function of the method not tied to one idea as in a technique.
The reaction shown is in part due to what is called spiral power...

As to the OP's question :

"This video has nothing to do with tai chi.
Apples tai chi.
Oranges what he is doing."

What's your opinion on this?

Doesn't matter for me, for others it might..
It's their training, what they do, expressed as they train...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back