5 months Kickboxing

Goldleaf

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I did complete my 5 months Journey to Kickboxing. Started with 4 times a week and i do like it and doing now 4/5 times a week since last week.

Once a week technique/drills training and 3-4 times a week heavy bag training. Each sessions last 45-50 minutes. We train turn by turn with partner and in between we do push ups and other exercises and close with heavy bag again. So effective i am training 22-25 minutes

I am 40 years and 180cm and now 87kg. But when i started i was 83kg.

I noticed that i am not thicker and fit same jeans so more muscle mass. Although i barely see anything (i am always negative about results).

My question is will i get an flat belly eventually with this training regime and how long will it take?? I do eat very clean so rice/chicken/milk/yoghurt/nuts/fruit/vegetables

Hi,

I did complete my 5 months Journey to Kickboxing. Started with 4 times a week and i do like it and doing now 4/5 times a week since last week.

Once a week technique/drills training and 3-4 times a week heavy bag training. Each sessions last 45-50 minutes. We train turn by turn with partner and in between we do push ups and other exercises and close with heavy bag again. So effective i am training 22-25 minutes

I am 40 years and 180cm and now 87kg. But when i started i was 83kg.

I noticed that i am not thicker and fit same jeans so more muscle mass. Although i barely see anything (i am always negative about results).

My question is will i get an flat belly eventually with this training regime and how long will it take?? I do eat very clean so rice/chicken/milk/yoghurt/nuts/fruit/vegetables
That sounds like some good cardio. I see they have you doing bag rounds. As far as how long it will take it depends. If you can find out your body fat percent that could help you. But yeah diet and cardio like you are doing is good. Maybe throw in some core exercises when you're not training, at home. They won't get rid of the belly but can tighten up the mid section a bit. If you are just doing this for fitness I think you are on a good path. If you have plans of fighting or competing I have to say bag work is good but I'd recommend more technique drilling and mitt work.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, i started doing technique drills once a week a month ago and 3/4 times a week bag training.

I want to become a fighter for self defense actually because since my childhood untill in my late 30s i have been beaten up and was too scared to throw a punch back.

The reason i am asking this that i eat very clean.
In those 5 months i did eat 5 times my favorite snacks pizza and patat (French fries) and for the rest only good food.

I was 83kg but gained 4kg and now 87. But i am not thicker and don:t have more fat. It seems it is muscle mass. Although u am very critical still it looks like my body is very little tight.

Also it seems after 5 months that i haven't progressed any and that it is very difficult and long road and i am not even 1 percent up.

The coach is good he had short professional carriere as Dutch Kickboxer

Back