40 Annoyances in Modern Life

I doubt it. True vegans only eat 100% plant-based food. That excludes animal-sourced products like eggs, dairy, honey ...and presumably rat droppings. I would agree with that last one.
There's debate over that when it comes to honey, it all depends on how it's sourced. Was it farmed, or is it a byproduct of wild animals that you happen to be near and able to pick up?

Though I suppose the vegans on the side that believes anything that even touched an animal in any way is not vegan, would claim all those other vegans aren't true vegans.

There's debate over that when it comes to honey, it all depends on how it's sourced. Was it farmed, or is it a byproduct of wild animals that you happen to be near and able to pick up?
Some vegans point out that the bees make honey for their hive population, larvae etc, so taking it from them is exploitative, thus honey is not vegan.

Though I suppose the vegans on the side that believes anything that even touched an animal in any way is not vegan, would claim all those other vegans aren't true vegans.

I know quite a few vegans, and haven’t personally met one yet that would eat honey. I think, like milk or eggs, honey is considered to be a product of the animals produced for a purpose, and that collecting it is destructive and exploitative. My impression is that this is a key distinction between vegans and vegetarians.

I know quite a few vegans, and haven’t personally met one yet that would eat honey. I think, like milk or eggs, honey is considered to be a product of the animals produced for a purpose, and that collecting it is destructive and exploitative. My impression is that this is a key distinction between vegans and vegetarians.
I've met a few who have. More who haven't, but there's definitely a debate. That's the only thing they will eat in terms of animal byproduct, because in this area it's naturally collected in the same way that foraging is.

Foraging is actually what they compare it to, since those also have a purpose in their environment.

I've only ever been vegetarian. And even then I was only 'mostly vegetarian' (I ate eggs), so I've got no skin in that debate, just relaying what I've heard.

Vegetarianism is classified as excluding any form of animal flesh (the tissue, muscles or meat of an animal). The egg doesn't fall into this category and is therefore included in a vegetarian eating pattern. You were thus a vegetarian!

I know quite a few vegans, and haven’t personally met one yet that would eat honey. I think, like milk or eggs, honey is considered to be a product of the animals produced for a purpose, and that collecting it is destructive and exploitative.
Sounds like my son up in Seattle. He's still young, idealistic and adamant in support of his principles. My wife and daughter are a bit more flexible in their attitudes. Their main concern is the humane treatment of animals and they don't want to support "factory farming" that is cruel and abusive.

Personally, I'm a confirmed omnivore. Considering the state of the world, I'm just thankful I live in a place where food is plentiful. :)

Sounds like my son up in Seattle. He's still young, idealistic and adamant in support of his principles. My wife and daughter are a bit more flexible in their attitudes. Their main concern is the humane treatment of animals and they don't want to support "factory farming" that is cruel and abusive.
Yes, it’s factory farming that is truly awful and I think these are noble attitudes they hold.

Personally, I'm a confirmed omnivore. Considering the state of the world, I'm just thankful I live in a place where food is plentiful. :)
Yeah. All the vegans I know are Seattle vegans. :)

Gym goers being glued to their phones in between sets. That really annoys me!
People hogging two or more stations at public gyms with supersets.

I'm not saying eliminate supersets completely. But if you're doing a two-exercise superset and one of the exercises can be substituted with a dumbbell version of that exercise, then bring a pair of dumbbells to the other station and do your supersets that way.

People hogging two or more stations at public gyms with supersets.
I haven’t come across that…yet!
I'm not saying eliminate supersets completely. But if you're doing a two-exercise superset and one of the exercises can be substituted with a dumbbell version of that exercise, then bring a pair of dumbbells to the other station and do your supersets that way.
There are many machines in my new gym, who’s function to which I am completely in the dark! They’re masses of steel levers, handles, pivots and vinyl pads. I was looking for a way to exercise my glutes without squatting, when I spied a woman entangled in one of these machines doing weighted donkey kicks! Eureka! After a minute or two of watching her incredibly athletic movements and rounded melon-like buttocks, I realised the police might be called at any moment and moved on to my next exercise! 😐

I’ll tell you what’s annoying, people who tilt their heads to one side to express empathy when talking. One of the functions of the red nucleus in our brains is to keep our heads vertical for the sake of efficient vestibular function and there they go, with this affectation of tilting their heads.

I’ll tell you what’s annoying, people who tilt their heads to one side to express empathy when talking. One of the functions of the red nucleus in our brains is to keep our heads vertical for the sake of efficient vestibular function and there they go, with this affectation of tilting their heads.
I have aphasia of about 15% from a TBI. It greatly helps me to tilt my head when looking at certain objects.

I have aphasia of about 15% from a TBI. It greatly helps me to tilt my head when looking at certain objects.
Since that is not an affectation to express empathy, it’s perfectly fine by me.

🙄

Someone’s feeling a litttle salty. Did you get called out for your lack of empathy? 😂

Back