40 Annoyances in Modern Life

Another thing that annoys me about youtube’s advertising is they now play a 7 second advert suggesting a skip option at the end, but then it goes immediately to another unskippable 7 second video. That’s simply dishonest.

In the past it simply said ‘1 of 2’, 5 second adverts and at least you knew from the very start that you’d have to mute/look out of the window for 10 seconds.

Intermittent WiFi is a real pain.

Another annoyance is not being able to watch your favorite shows on a streaming service while traveling abroad.

Gym goers being glued to their phones in between sets. That really annoys me!

Rude entitled people who jump in front of you at the meat counter🤬🤬🤬

Rude entitled people who jump in front of you at the meat counter🤬🤬🤬
Correct queuing is a law in the U.K., so I’ve never heard of this.

Ooo if anyone got between me and my plant based burgers…I’d stamp my feet in rage! Hard.

Ooo if anyone got between me and my plant based burgers…I’d stamp my feet in rage! Hard.
Funny! ^ ...My wife and (adult) kids have gone vegan. And you know what? Some of them plant based burgers are really tasty. This coming from a guy whose grandad was an Arizona cattle rancher. Back in the 60s we used to have a bumper sticker on the family station wagon that said Eat Beef Every Day.

I guess it's a good thing Papa isn't still around to see what the world has come to! ;)

I read Ooo is Out of Office
These dang acronyms have me ready phonetics out of context :D

Funny! ^ ...My wife and (adult) kids have gone vegan. And you know what? Some of them plant based burgers are really tasty. This coming from a guy whose grandad was an Arizona cattle rancher. Back in the 60s we used to have a bumper sticker on the family station wagon that said Eat Beef Every Day.

I guess it's a good thing Papa isn't still around to see what the world has come to! ;)
If you lace sawdust and rat droppings with noxious chemicals and plutonium you can make them taste good.

I read Ooo is Out of Office
These dang acronyms have me ready phonetics out of context :D
It should be read in a slightly camp way, ‘Oooo missus!’ <looking at her chest> You don’t get many of them to the pound’

They are tasty. Not any more healthy than beef at this point, but they are pretty darn good.

If you lace sawdust and rat droppings with noxious chemicals and plutonium you can make them taste good.
Huh! Haven't tried that. I've got the ingredients in my garage ...except the plutonium. That sounds expensive. 🤔

Huh! Haven't tried that. I've got the ingredients in my garage ...except the plutonium. That sounds expensive. 🤔
I’m sure Temu sell it.

Are rat droppings vegan?
I doubt it. True vegans only eat 100% plant-based food. That excludes animal-sourced products like eggs, dairy, honey ...and presumably rat droppings. I would agree with that last one.

I doubt it. True vegans only eat 100% plant-based food. That excludes animal-sourced products like eggs, dairy, honey ...and presumably rat droppings. I would agree with that last one.
You are what you eat. Cows eat grass. So a ribeye is vegan.
Also, in case of apocalypse, remember that vegans are a good source of free range, grass fed, antibiotic-free protein.

Well, the premise of veganism is to avoid exploitation of animals. Thus if the rat droppings are merely gathered after the day-to-day, free activities of the rat, then it’s fine. But if the droppings are from farmed rats, then it’s not fine. (I hope nobody remembers that faeces is formed from some 50% of the cellular lining of the intestines, otherwise the argument falls to pieces).

Well, the premise of veganism is to avoid exploitation of animals. Thus if the rat droppings are merely gathered after the day-to-day, free activities of the rat, then it’s fine. But if the droppings are from farmed rats, then it’s not fine. (I hope nobody remembers that faeces is formed from some 50% of the cellular lining of the intestines, otherwise the argument falls to pieces).
Falls to pieces, indeed. Little, stinky, pellet sized pieces.

Latest Discussions

Back