40 Annoyances in Modern Life

Let me guess, you are retired, not married, ...and your attitude is:

I don't belong to the mainstream. When I'm by myself, I don't want anybody to find me. I just don't think it makes any sense that you walk on the beach and talk on your cell phone.

I'm retired and I'm still married. My wife has a cell phone. Any pass code will be sent to my wife's cell phone.

A survey has gathered these as as modern life’s 40 top annoyances. What do you think?

Only two recognized by me..
2. Calls from unknown numbers
Scammers or salescalls (whatever hte difference is these days ) getting more and more common. Annoying.

27. People who call you, when you asked for a text or vice versa
Mostly happens at work, when you write an email with carefully detailed unambigous questions, and there is some moron calling you asking you to ask "I saw your email, what do you want??" This is when i ask myself, what is wrong with people 😫

Scammers or salescalls (whatever hte difference is these days ) getting more and more common. Annoying.

Mostly happens at work, when you write an email with carefully detailed unambigous questions, and there is some moron calling you asking you to ask "I saw your email, what do you want??" This is when i ask myself, what is wrong with people 😫
Not people. Bots.

I don't belong to the mainstream. When I'm by myself, I don't want anybody to find me. I just don't think it makes any sense that you walk on the beach and talk on your cell phone.

I'm retired and I'm still married. My wife has a cell phone. Any pass code will be sent to my wife's cell phone.
I hike with a cell phone for the opposite reason. I want to be found especially in an emergency. At that point my cell phone becomes emergency equipment. Depending on where I'm hiking I'll have both a cell phone and a radio.

But like you sometimes I just want my free time to myself. I think it's important for me to just be byself

I never get these calls because I don’t answer unknown numbers and have deactivated my answer machine. When they initially call, it rings and rings with no response and I think they take me off their ‘to scam’ list.
Mostly happens at work,
Work with better people…
when you write an email with carefully detailed unambigous questions,
That can be subjective…
and there is some moron calling you asking you to ask "I saw your email, what do you want??" This is when i ask myself, what is wrong with people 😫
They clearly like the dulcet tones of your voice!

I hike with a cell phone for the opposite reason. I want to be found especially in an emergency. At that point my cell phone becomes emergency equipment. Depending on where I'm hiking I'll have both a cell phone and a radio.
The same phone you have to bang on your knee to turn it on?

I never get these calls because I don’t answer unknown numbers and have deactivated my answer machine. When they initially call, it rings and rings with no response and I think they take me off their ‘to scam’ list.
Most smartphones have the capability to automatically ignore calls from numbers that are not in your contacts list.

Virtue signalling is my other annoyance. There are a few of those who regularly do that on this forum 😉

Virtue signalling is my other annoyance. There are a few of those who regularly do that on this forum 😉
Virtue signalling grrrrrr. Growing up we were taught "fishing for compliments" was uncouth and rude. This is how I view virtue signalling.

ha ha ha.. I was thinking the same thing. Or it could just mean that we don't sweat the small stuff. People go "Code Red" at the drop of a pin these days. Things must be going well if Paying for Bills doesn't pop up anywhere.
Ian Abernathy wrote an article, to paraphrase him, he says that training martial arts and having a 200lb man kneeling on your chest raining punches down on your head the night before makes life's small issues seem like nothing. Good perspective IMO

Virtue signalling grrrrrr. Growing up we were taught "fishing for compliments" was uncouth and rude. This is how I view virtue signalling.
Absolutely, but virtue signallers tend to be more subtle . For example a person proclaiming on social media that they strongly support a certain cause, even though they don’t particularly, just because they want to show others how caring or changing their social media profile picture for the ‘cause of the week’ but do nothing else to help that cause.

Absolutely, but virtue signallers tend to be more subtle . For example a person proclaiming on social media that they strongly support a certain cause, even though they don’t particularly, just because they want to show others how caring or changing their social media profile picture for the ‘cause of the week’ but do nothing else to help that cause.
Male virtue signaler: "Trans women are women!"

Me: "Would you date one?"

Male virtue signaler: *crickets*

…by first banging it on your knee? 😉 Sorry JowGaWolf…I’ll stop now 🙏🏽
lol. My current phone hasn't reach that status yet. But when it does you'll be the first to know.

Latest Discussions

Back