Where Do People Get These Ideas?

No, these are finches, very pretty charming birds.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/families/****.aspx

I just checked and because of the censorship you can't get to the link!
So I've copied the page, don't know how it's goin to look lol!
Print
Home > Birds and wildlife > Bird guide > Birds by family > ****
[h=1]****[/h]
greattit_nb180_tcm9-76107_v2.jpg
Photo by Nigel Blake
Small birds with plain or colourful plumages, stout legs and strong feet and short, triangular bills. Several species have crests.
In the UK, six species breed (plus one unrelated species of reedbeds); there are a few more in Europe and Asia, plus others in Africa and the Americas. They are social, often in mixed flocks, but territorial when nesting. They are among the most persistent and successful visitors to garden feeders.
[h=3]Blue tit[/h]Its colourful mix of blue, yellow, white and green make the blue tit one of the most attractive resident garden birds. Almost any garden with a peanut feeder will attract them and they readily breed i... More...

[h=3]Bearded tit[/h]A brown, long-tailed bird, usually seen flying rapidly across the top of a reedbed. Males have black 'moustaches' rather than 'beards'. They are sociable and noisy , their 'ping' calls often being the... More...

[h=3]Coal tit[/h]Not as colourful as some of its relatives, the coal tit has a distinctive grey back, black cap, and white patch at the back of its neck. Its smaller, more slender bill than blue or great **** means it... More...

[h=3]Crested tit[/h]Although not as colourful as some other ****, its 'bridled' face pattern and the upstanding black and white crest make this a most distinctive species. Crested **** feed actively, clinging to trunks a... More...

[h=3]Great tit[/h]The largest UK tit - green and yellow with a striking glossy black head with white cheeks and a distinctive two-syllable song. It is a woodland bird which has readily adapted to man-made habitats to ... More...

[h=3]Marsh tit[/h]Not distinguished from the willow tit as a separate species until 1897, the marsh tit is smart, clean looking bird with a small, well defined black bib and glossy black cap. As with so many woodland b... More...

[h=3]Willow tit[/h]Between blue and great **** in size, with no yellow, green or blue. It has a large sooty-black cap extending to the back of the neck and a small untidy black bib. It is mid-brown above, with whiter ch... More...

ROFLMAO

it did censor the link!

I think you can say booby, but not the T word...
:lfao:

A booby is a bird, albatross family if I remember correctly or an idiot. The t word is not an offensive or even rude word. There's an expression here for when you make a mistake or an idiot of yourself, 'making a right tit of yourself', it's very mild, I can't see why anyone would take offense. Here's a blue one.
images

Back