The Last Person Thread - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 14K. It was a great show huh? Awesome! Did you get to participate? (considering the back issue)

I did not. We had very little student participation in the beginning, just some basics from the kids, then a couple forms from instructors. I was doing OK warming up, but once I began swinging the horse knife around, well the twisting was aggravating the back.

Let me see if I can recount. On top of the normal breaking and stuff, we saw Monkey, Pole, Rope Dart, Nunchaku and Kwon Dao. Watching him transform into Monkey then back out was amazing. They do that with each animal, but Monkey is the most obvious transformation that I've seen ... awesome.

That's alright then. That's what you'll want to be able to do, if anything, especially since those skills will be at the worst case scenario. The forms you can always get later.

Yep, I can still protect myself, if needed ... LOL ... that's the name of the game. I don't take anything away from the kung fu forms, learning them is doing nothing but improving my kempo. Former students, that haven't seen me in a year or two, are amazed at the difference in my movement and delivery of power. At least that's what they tell me.

Now, if I can just get that inspiration to become action again after such a long time. Back to baby steps--Yet AGAIN!
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back