Tell me something good...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The news and social media and just about anywhere you look lately seem dominated by negative news and stories. I'm going to lift an idea from a radio show I sometimes listen to... The host has a fairly regular segmen he calls "Tell me something good." He invites listeners to call in with good news, whether it's big like births or marriage, or little, like a nice sunrise... doesn't matter, it just has to be some good news. So... in this thread, tell us something good!

So... I'll kick it off. One of the many ways I keep myself out of trouble is volunteering with kids, in church and Scouting. We had a great youth group meeting last night, and the kids that are in my breakout group (9th grade boys) actually opened up a little bit and shared. And I get to host an Eagle Scout Board of Review later this week...

I still work out in weights and karate at 73. Why do I go thru the effort? I'm not sure. Maybe it's like a zombie still roaming the mall with just a latent ingrained memory of shopping. After so many years my brain is hardwired to work out - I just can't help myself.

My friend and I have been building a tabletop rpg system for about a year and a half at this point. Our main document, which has most but not all the rules, is sitting at a little over 100 pages. We've done playtests, but mostly with people that have been involved in the editing process, and us trying to balance different rules and aspects of the system.

We finally got it to the point that we felt it was ready to be tried out for real, and I started running an "alpha" campaign with it yesterday, with people that hadn't seen it before. The first session went really well, everyone could understand it without too many issues, and everyone had a good time. I'm excited to see it continue developing.

Very soon Christmas will be here and you can all gorge yourselves, sing carols, drink your fill and become irritated by members of your family out staying their welcome. Merry bas*ard Christmas!

Last week I managed to save $200 and earn the satisfaction of learning a new skill by repairing my own washing machine. (Replaced the suspension rods.)

The repairman quoted me a price for the job which was a little more than I paid for the washer in the first place. But since he understood that wasn't a worthwhile deal for me, he showed me how to do the repair myself. It ended up costing $137 for the diagnostic service call plus $40 for aftermarket parts from Amazon. (The total quote from the professional was $382.)

With my wife lending an extra pair of hands it took me about 75 minutes, but much of that was figuring out exactly what I was doing. I could probably get it down to 45 minutes on a second try.

I'm not the most experienced handyman, so it's always satisfying to be able to fix something on my own.

I enjoy doing circular punches. It helps me to open my lung and makes my body to feel more comfortable. One punching drill that I like is:

- Left hook.
- Left back fist.
- Right overhand.
- Right back fist.
- Left overhand.
- Left horizontal back fist.
- Right cross.
- Left jab.

I can drill this over and over when I do my 4 miles walking.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming! Yeah, I know there’s angst at some holidays sometimes, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming!

My dog is the best of all the dogs I’ve had over forty years. You can’t beat that with a beating machine.

I have a great Martial Arts forum filled with people as devoted to Martial Arts and are as crazy as I am.

The novel I’m writing is finally starting to come together quite nicely.

The election will be over soon.

The weather is pretty nice today.

Some people held a surprise 50th birthday party for one of my former students last weekend. They called me. I spoke with eleven of my former students. We spent over an hour on the phone laughing and playing the “remember the time..” game.

Did I mention that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming?!!

I reached an agreement on pricing, so this weekend we're driving Thor to Dallas to swap him for a 2023 Wrangler Rubicon with the 392 Hemi. 4" lift with King reservoir shocks, KG1 bead locks with 37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT's, Motorbilt bumpers, fenders, and fender liners, KC Gravity 8 LED light bar, Warn 10,000lb winch, rock lights... I'll post a picture once I get it.
Here's a picture the dealer sent me.

1727769395225.png

Last edited:
We snagged a $220.00 pizza oven on clearance for $50.00 last week.
Learning to make pizzas.
Our boat motor needs a rebuild after only 7 years. The warranty is still good so totally covered
Pizza is a terrific rabbit hole to go down.

I reached an agreement on pricing, so this weekend we're driving Thor to Dallas to swap him for a 2023 Wrangler Rubicon with the 392 Hemi. 4" lift with King reservoir shocks, KG1 bead locks with 37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT's, Motorbilt bumpers, fenders, and fender liners, KC Gravity 8 LED light bar, Warn 10,000lb winch, rock lights... I'll post a picture once I get it.
Here's a picture the dealer sent me.

View attachment 31763
392 Hemi!!!!!!! I'm guessing this is not stock

My friend and I have been building a tabletop rpg system for about a year and a half at this point. Our main document, which has most but not all the rules, is sitting at a little over 100 pages. We've done playtests, but mostly with people that have been involved in the editing process, and us trying to balance different rules and aspects of the system.

We finally got it to the point that we felt it was ready to be tried out for real, and I started running an "alpha" campaign with it yesterday, with people that hadn't seen it before. The first session went really well, everyone could understand it without too many issues, and everyone had a good time. I'm excited to see it continue developing.
What is the setting?

Back