scrolls question

So wouldn't it be relatively simple to carve one out of wood or a similar substance and commit fraud?
As far as I recall, the one's I've seen were also accompanied by a written signature. And it would be some work to accurately replicate the stamp just for one individual victim. Might as well just forge a signature. There seem to be many easier ways to commit fraud these days via computer.

here, in the United States, our paper currency is printed on special with special and intricate design. And yet people can counterfeit it that is hard for the average person to distinguish from real money.

I have not seen actual Japanese stamps but it appears they are similar to what I get stamped with to show I paid to get into an event.

So wouldn't it be relatively simple to carve one out of wood or a similar substance and commit fraud?
You are painting other nations with the filth-laden brush of the USA. The Japanese would never be so dishonest. There is no crime amongst the Japanese let alone the sort of organised crime that would be required for forgery. 😐

Are these stamps issue by the Government like a driver's license here?
No, but hanko that are going to be used as personal signatures are registered with the government. There have been several attempts to phase out the use of hanko by the government, but they haven’t been successful, with people preferring the traditional use of a hanko, after all fax machines are still widely used in Japan (although there are security reasons for this).

Latest Discussions

Back