Red top with black pants

psilent child

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Most of the time I have people wear all black gi's. On the few occasions I have seen some wear a red top wig a black bottom. Each occasion that person was high ranking. Does the red top mean something?

Most of the time I have people wear all black gi's. On the few occasions I have seen some wear a red top wig a black bottom. Each occasion that person was high ranking. Does the red top mean something?
Yeah he put his red t shirt in the wash with His gi top ;)

Black top is probably in the wash. Or maybe just felt like spicing up the day.

dress codes usually mean something but only to that particular style or system. you would have to ask some one that is in the style you saw. some karate only allow white gi. some allow black gi only after a mid level rank like green or brown. some will designate a mix black bottom white top as a chief instructor and a red top as a master instructor. and if you wear a white bedazzled gi trimmed in gold then your elvis. colors it only means something to the person wearing it and their group.

dress codes usually mean something but only to that particular style or system. you would have to ask some one that is in the style you saw. some karate only allow white gi. some allow black gi only after a mid level rank like green or brown. some will designate a mix black bottom white top as a chief instructor and a red top as a master instructor. and if you wear a white bedazzled gi trimmed in gold then your elvis. colors it only means something to the person wearing it and their group.
Considering he posted in the kajukenbo forum, I am guessing he is asking about the significance in that system.

To the OP: in my system, instructors are allowed to wear blue/red gi tops, while students have to wear black. I would guess it is similar in kajukenbo.

Considering he posted in the kajukenbo forum, I am guessing he is asking about the significance in that system.

To the OP: in my system, instructors are allowed to wear blue/red gi tops, while students have to wear black. I would guess it is similar in kajukenbo.

yeah i should have checked that. i was describing a kempo system.

Was it Valentines Day? Or Christmas?

Don't get all worked up over the clothing.
I pretty much always wear black pants, but I have white, red and black tops, all with diamond patterns. Why? Because I like them.

I mainly wear a red top with black pants. I just think it looks cool. That is one of the best things about being the head instructor...you get to wear what you want.

Mark

14089307_842221592576506_8795695094328161482_n.jpg

just saying.

The color really don't mean a thing unless a particular Kajukenbo org. or school has set a dress code. The traditional Kajukenbo gi is plain black. But some schools choose to wear different combinations of the Kajukenbo colors ( red, white, and black.).

Back