Protein Powders

You must always be careful of where you get your fish from. Don't just buy fish from anywhere.
Yes I don't buy random fish, I guess this could vary over the world, but here the general rule thumb is that the worst fish is predator fish from lakes and rivers where waters are often worse.

Fish from the sea is a little better. The recommendation here where I live is to restrict fish from lakes and rivers.

Taken from Arnie’s Pump club Newsletter

The Protein Powder Debate (Is Overrated)​

Supplement companies spend a lot of time convincing you that one protein is better than another. And while the manufacturing is different — we don’t think you should only trust supplements that invest in third-party certifications — stressing too much about the protein source you use might not matter that much.​
Researchers compared 30 grams of milk protein (the source of whey) to 30 grams of a plant protein blend and found no difference in the ability to turn that protein into muscle.
Plant proteins were previously considered inferior because plants (think pea, soy, quinoa, and others) don’t have as many essential amino acids (the building blocks of your cells that your body doesn’t make on its own) as whey protein. The researchers balanced the essential amino acids by combining wheat, corn, and pea protein so they had the same amino acid profile as whey. Just like that, the plants were just as powerful.​
If you want to try a plant-based protein, look for one with 20 to 30 grams per serving and approximately 2.5 grams of leucine (one of the branched-chain amino acids) per serving.​
And remember, you don’t need a protein powder to see great results. Powders are just a way to isolate protein from whole food (whey comes from milk, and pea protein comes from peas). There’s nothing special about powders, but the good ones are a high-quality, convenient way to ensure you get enough protein each day​
Are you intentionally ignoring meat protein? There is little comparison pound for pound.

Back