My coconut break

In ancient times, Kung Fu masters would take a coconut and cocoa beans and slap them until they turned into Bounty (from Mandarin "Bu Hung Ti").
????
1723518448809.png

"Coconuts?! Not on MY ship. Breadfruit, perhaps. Absolutely no coconuts or I'll have you shown what a real slap is!"

My long fist teacher had trained iron palm. He didn't train it right. His hands felt like dead wood. He told me he could not even hold chopstick with his hands. The Chinese medicine is very important to use after training.

Very true...🤔

trained what was known as "burning palm" in Tibetan White Crane.
Not having access to "dit dai jow" continued to train anyway..

being young, never thought about getting older....
being older, often wonder about things did when younger 😂

Very true...🤔

trained what was known as "burning palm" in Tibetan White Crane.
Not having access to "dit dai jow" continued to train anyway..

being young, never thought about getting older....
being older, often wonder about things did when younger 😂
If you punch object with

- knuckles, you will get arthritis on your hand.
- finger tips, you will hurt your eyes.

during your old age.

I train iron palm too. I like to hit:

- flat palm.
- flat back palm.
- palm edge.
- palm heel.
- finger tips (I don't do this anymore after I found out that it could be bad for my eyes).

My long fist teacher had trained iron palm. He didn't train it right. His hands felt like dead wood. He told me he could not even hold chopstick with his hands. The Chinese medicine is very important to use after training.
Interesting. Do you think your long fist teacher also did this by hitting an object that was too hard, while hitting it too hard and for too long a session? I understand that the jow is important, I have to start using it. Did you also learn anything about rubbing vigorously the area conditioned, slapping and using the qigong bamboo brush? For like clearing out stagnation and recovery? And when you practice iron palm, is the proper way to train to gauge the intensity of effort and duration in order to avoid excessive tissue damage?

If you punch object with

- knuckles, you will get arthritis on your hand.
- finger tips, you will hurt your eyes.

during your old age.

very true....some teacher's don’t teach this aspect, feeling it’s not necessary in today’s time .

Interesting. Do you think your long fist teacher also did this by hitting an object that was too hard,
He hit the bag with mung bean in it as his teacher taught him to. He told me his problem was because he didn't have good enough nutrition during his training period.

I don't know it makes sense in today's science or not. During those 100 days training, you need to have good nutrition. Also, you should not have any sex.

mung_bean.jpg

If I dood it, I get a whippin'...I dood it

I have held off as long as I can, sooner or later someone will have to to it so....without further adieu

Oh, I thought it  multiple times, Xue... good on you for being the one!

He hit the bag with mung bean in it as his teacher taught him to. He told me his problem was because he didn't have good enough nutrition during his training period.

I don't know it makes sense in today's science or not. During those 100 days training, you need to have good nutrition. Also, you should not have any sex.

View attachment 31478
Ok so it's more complex than I thought hence the reason for an accomplished teacher. 🙏

Ok so it's more complex than I thought hence the reason for an accomplished teacher. 🙏
ANY of the Chinese Iron-style conditioning is very complex, and most definitely requires that you have a proper teacher to guide you. Please do not try to imitate or copy those training practices from videos, books, or the like.

I'll also add that a lot of the Chinese chi kung exercises have the potentional to do some pretty undesirable things if they aren't trained properly and under guidance.

ANY of the Chinese Iron-style conditioning is very complex, and most definitely requires that you have a proper teacher to guide you. Please do not try to imitate or copy those training practices from videos, books, or the like.

I'll also add that a lot of the Chinese chi kung exercises have the potentional to do some pretty undesirable things if they aren't trained properly and under guidance.
Like Tid Sin Kuen,

If you plan to touch a woman with that hand I would recommend against iron palm training. You won’t even want to touch yourself with that hand. Dit will only prevent so much. Your hand WILL change, not for the better. Iron bell is more useful.

Latest Discussions

Back