My coconut break

You mention this being a "level 1 coconut break". Are there higher levels as well?

Yes sir level 2 holding in one palm hit with the other (standing)
Level 3 free hanging from a teather or string a speed break if you will
Level 4 (ive only ever seen footahe of doo wai doing this one) you break it as it is balanced in 2 tofu curds

Yes sir level 2 holding in one palm hit with the other (standing)
Level 3 free hanging from a teather or string a speed break if you will
Level 4 (ive only ever seen footahe of doo wai doing this one) you break it as it is balanced in 2 tofu curds
What other videos do you have?

Well now I wanna try it. Darn things cost like $5 a piece around here though
Its not hard i dont bake mine like a certain someone i hit them raw just buy 1 try with it palm heel or hammerfist (make sure yiu dont miss and hit with your wrist that would be all bad)

This is not easy to do. You will need speed and power at the same time.

Many years ago, I like to stand a concrete block on a table. I then used side kick to break it. If my kick was not fast enough, the concrete block would fly away and not broken.

I have not seen that kind of demo in the past many years. I even tried to Google online and still not be able to find any video.

Its not hard i dont bake mine like a certain someone i hit them raw just buy 1 try with it palm heel or hammerfist (make sure yiu dont miss and hit with your wrist that would be all bad)
I train iron palm too. I like to hit:

- flat palm.
- flat back palm.
- palm edge.
- palm heel.
- finger tips (I don't do this anymore after I found out that it could be bad for my eyes).

My long fist teacher had trained iron palm. He didn't train it right. His hands felt like dead wood. He told me he could not even hold chopstick with his hands. The Chinese medicine is very important to use after training.

Last edited:
If you left the skin on you would be there for a month trying to break it.
In ancient times, Kung Fu masters would take a coconut and cocoa beans and slap them until they turned into Bounty (from Mandarin "Bu Hung Ti").

In ancient times, Kung Fu masters would take a coconut and cocoa beans and slap them until they turned into Bounty (from Mandarin "Bu Hung Ti").
Wow…I though that was a myth.

Helluva way to make a Pina Colada, but I’m game.

Helluva way to make a Pina Colada, but I’m game.
Having spent some time in Jamaica, I was amazed at these guys whacking the end off a coconut with a machete. Even more amazing was they all still had their thumbs.

Having spent some time in Jamaica, I was amazed at these guys whacking the end off a coconut with a machete. Even more amazing was they all still had their thumbs.

They’re crazy good opening coconuts out here, too. My dogs all loved tearing open coconuts, but it’s too much of a mess.

XjwiumQ.gif

k5PB9v.gif

Back