Last Poster #7

Oooh yuck. There are only a very few things I won’t eat, mushrooms, in any form whatsoever, are at the very top of that list. Bell peppers, lamb( except hair sheep), liver, kidneys, okra, balut, and bitter melon are on that list as well.
Not sure about bitter melon or balut. But you’re missing out with the rest!!

Oooh yuck. There are only a very few things I won’t eat, mushrooms, in any form whatsoever, are at the very top of that list. Bell peppers, lamb( except hair sheep), liver, kidneys, okra, balut, and bitter melon are on that list as well.
When people say they don't like mushrooms, I just assume they haven't had good mushrooms. There are sooooooo many different sorts and ways to prepare them, and they all taste different.

When people say they don't like mushrooms, I just assume they haven't had good mushrooms. There are sooooooo many different sorts and ways to prepare them, and they all taste different.
Nope, I live in mushroom central. Chanterelles, morellos, oyster, lobster, bolites, all taste like different strains of garbage. I don’t like the taste, texture, smell, or the idea of any of them. I am a try things 20 times type guy. I have tried them as many ways as bubba gump does shrimp and I still don’t like them. I know a lot of mushroom hunters and they all tell me to try them this and that way, and I do. I wish I liked them but I still haven’t found one I enjoy.

Not sure about bitter melon or balut. But you’re missing out with the rest!!
Well there is likely some Filipino grandma that can make bitter melon taste good, but I haven’t found her. It’s a horrible taste. Balut is fowl. See what I did there? It’s a fermented duck embryo still in the shell that has been buried in a jar for a long time. I don’t think I could try it a second time. It even had some feathers.

Back