Last Poster #7

Been working for two hours, and I'm really fighting the urge to call in sick and just go back in bed. I slept my normal amount yesterday, but I'm just flat out exhausted.
That right there is the difference....being an old guy looking seriously at retirement in the not too far future..... I wouldn't have bothered going in to begin with...:D

Ended up messaging my boss 3 hours in, got everything squared away and took the rest of the day off. Then slept for about 5 more hours and still woke up tired. Glad I didn't try to push through
I read this at first as you massaging your boss 3 hours in and I thought, what the hell is going on over there?? 😁

Hope you’re feeling better.

Been watching a live camera on Naples pier in Naples Florida. The storm surge from Milton is coming in.... and yet there are, what I like to refer to as, Darwin Award Contestants, walking on the pier and wading in the storm surge.... oh and of course, taking pictures with thier phone.

The main crowd seems to have left, but occasionally another contestant walks in the surge, under the pier....

Yeah. Obviously the eye is a trap. Cos people think it's done and pop out for a look.

But before the storm is very calm as well. So people think they have more time than they do.

My brother-in-law,
Sir Lawrence of No-Clue-ia, lives in Tampa. I called him this morning to see if he was okay. He’s not in the least bit worried. Said it’s no big deal, just media B.S.

Poor mental health doesn’t run in his family, it gallops.
Lawrence has always been Secretariat.
Yeah. We have them here but we have building codes.

The places that get hurt are generally inland where there isn't the same standards.

So if you look closely at the roof. You will see about a thousand rivets holding it down.
20241012_053645.jpg

The thing that catches me out in cyclones here, is not necessarily being blasted back to the stone age for three weeks.

But that I still have to modern day human.

So no water, no power. But I still have to go to work. Still have to clean my house, wash my clothes. That kind of thing.

The thing that catches me out in cyclones here, is not necessarily being blasted back to the stone age for three weeks.

But that I still have to modern day human.

So no water, no power. But I still have to go to work. Still have to clean my house, wash my clothes. That kind of thing.

State government here in Hawaii is similar to a large kindergarten class that’s getting free licorice to either sleep all day or go poop in the sandbox.

You’re basically on your own.

Latest Discussions

Back