Last Poster #7

How bout Wana? I would rather be attacked by a centipede than get Wana spines again. For people who aren’t familiar with marine fauna in Hawaii, it’s an urchin that has long thin barbed spines that break off in a victim that touches it. It hurts for months and it’s very difficult to remove. @Buka doesn’t go in the ocean much if I remember correctly, so no chance of him getting it.

I don’t go into the ocean at all. No, sir, not me.

Used to, but never again.

How bout Wana? I would rather be attacked by a centipede than get Wana spines again. For people who aren’t familiar with marine fauna in Hawaii, it’s an urchin that has long thin barbed spines that break off in a victim that touches it. It hurts for months and it’s very difficult to remove. @Buka doesn’t go in the ocean much if I remember correctly, so no chance of him getting it.

We have a fish that looks like a rock that will spine you

Last edited:
That would depend on where you were in California

Death Valley California is currently 123F
ASCII degree symbol = alt0176. :)

Is that actual air temp or 'feels like' temp?

Our TN meteorologists are notorious for reporting 'feels like' temps to make the weather sound more exciting.

Our TN meteorologists are notorious for reporting 'feels like' temps to make the weather sound more exciting.
Its just about 324 Kelvin :D

That is a desert so I am fairly sure it is the actual temp. Death Valley is often the hottest place on the planet

vc_ca101_nationalparks_deathvalleymesquiteflats_rf_452960329_1280x640.jpg.webp

today it is predicted to be 127F

Unless it's 80ish, but the humidity is 2000 percent.
Then it feels like 300 and is potentially deadly

Unless it's 80ish, but the humidity is 2000 percent.
Then it feels like 300 and is potentially deadly
I have said it a ba-jillion times, We get the same high humidity of the coastal states and nearly as high temps as Arizona, but we do not get the breeze to remediate the humidity. Hence the 'dog-days' of summer phrase.
Damn June was hot with six days over 100°. July has started out much better so far.

I have said it a ba-jillion times, We get the same high humidity of the coastal states and nearly as high temps as Arizona, but we do not get the breeze to remediate the humidity. Hence the 'dog-days' of summer phrase.
Damn June was hot with six days over 100°. July has started out much better so far.
Lies! Arizona has a "dry heat" so even though the thermometer reads 115° it feels like it's a lovely 74° year round. :)
...BTW did I tell you I've got some real-estate to sell???? ;)

OK. Seriously, the humidity here is usually less than the coastal South, etc. but then the "monsoon" hits and everybody who can, goes on vacation. I just got back from Seattle and... the weather here is ...um ...disappointing.

On the bright side, unless the air conditioner breaks down, I'm not likely to die. :)

Lies! Arizona has a "dry heat" so even though the thermometer reads 115° it feels like it's a lovely 74° year round. :)
...BTW did I tell you I've got some real-estate to sell???? ;)

OK. Seriously, the humidity here is usually less than the coastal South, etc. but then the "monsoon" hits and everybody who can, goes on vacation. I just got back from Seattle and... the weather here is ...um ...disappointing.

On the bright side, unless the air conditioner breaks down, I'm not likely to die. :)
115 in Phoenix right now, according to the internet..... that is only 1 degree cooler than the hottest I have been in.... death valley is at 125 and according to the news.... living up to its name....

Back