It’s quiet

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else in security or law enforcement or as a bouncer hated to hear someone say “its quiet” as much as I did when I was in security. I have been out of security for many years now but today a lady in my office said to me as I walked by “Its quiet today” and I STILL cringe when I hear that.

Back when I was security every single time, for over 13 years, when someone said “its quiet” all hell broke loose shortly thereafter and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience or hated to hear some other EVIL phrase.

I was just wondering if anyone else in security or law enforcement or as a bouncer hated to hear someone say “its quiet” as much as I did when I was in security. I have been out of security for many years now but today a lady in my office said to me as I walked by “Its quiet today” and I STILL cringe when I hear that.

Back when I was security every single time, for over 13 years, when someone said “its quiet” all hell broke loose shortly thereafter and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience or hated to hear some other EVIL phrase.
Absolutely...

Even though I suspect that those particular words aren't really magic, and just call attention to what's happening... I don't use them at work.

I was just wondering if anyone else in security or law enforcement or as a bouncer hated to hear someone say “its quiet” as much as I did when I was in security.

Pretty much the kiss of death-soon as you say it business is going to pick up 8 times out of 10

Still holds true for me...

Ever since King Louis the Decapitated wrote,"Today, nothing" on a momentous day of the French Revolution, people who say such things have rightly been viewed as calling a curse down on everyone. Extra opprobrium if nearing a holiday or short staffed.

If we could shoot such people immediately, as an immediate sacrifice to the Goddess of Misfortune, we might save the rest of us. It's worth a try.

Back when I worked at a juvenile detention/treatment center this kind of comment would invariably result in cuffs, shackles, cells, occasionally restraint chairs, and worst of all PAPERWORK! Excuse me while I go knock on wood.

When going off duty it is forbidden to say "We had a quiet night"...

Absolutely! Even though where I work it generally is quiet, anyone who opens their mouth prematurely is definitely asking for a slap to the back of the head.

If you say the Q word, you will be hated all shift lol!

I can remember Working in a hospital on New Years Eve and it was...ummm... rather uneventful. Then a new Ward clerk in the ER said the evil words "Boy, its Quite" A Doctor, 3 nurses and I just looked at her and said in unison, "Don't say that"

Within 10 minutes the first of 3 Ambulances showed up as well as an assault victim brought in by friends and 2 police cars, one was for the assault victim and then after that 3 guys showed up to cause trouble that were friends of the assault victim. This began at about 10:30 and I was supposed to be off at 11:00. At 2:00 am when I finally left I was cursing the aforementioned ward clerk and that evil phrase.

The next day I was told the ward clerk was ordered by the Doc and all 3 nurses to never ever say that again

Yes a Quiet Night was a bad sign.

It was a foreshadow of the calm before the storm.

I remember it as well, as being a cringing event.

You know, it is funny that this subject should come up. I just had this discussion with My Wife about this. I cannot stand when anyone says that it is quiet and that nothing crazy has happened or the like. I am not supersticious(sp?), but man that makes my skin crawl.

Back