ironic things you've heard from a martial artist

You guys really need to check out the "Martial Arts vs Ignorance" thread. ;)

Apart from that, my experiences have been similar - "No, that's not working properly, torque the wrist more and use my knuckle as a guide. You want to try to take that as far to the.....oh yea, that's working, good!" :)

Old thread that I seem to have missed, or maybe I didn't think my response was really ironic enough. In the Hapkido I studied, we have an early technique against wrist grabs, where we grab the elbow of our attacker at a pressure point inside the upper joint. I never felt I was getting the result I thought I should so I once asked my Grand Master to show me how it was done. He did. The pain was excruciating and I headed down. He let up and I recovered. He then did it again and said do you see now. I grunted out a positive reply the and the next two times he did it quick succession. I never asked that foolish question again. :rofl:

that reminds me of this one child student, the head instructor asked him why he was doing a technique the way he was
And the child responded with is it because your short

A newbie on his first day in my class, "I'm not good enough shape to be in your class. I'll get in better shape and come back to your class later." He never did.

A girl asked me if my class could help her from beaten up by her husband. I told her it could. She spend one years in my class and left. Next year, her husband jointed in my class.

A newbie on his first day in my class, "I'm not good enough shape to be in your class. I'll get in better shape and come back to your class later." He never did.

I hate when that happens new student comes a day or a week or two and quites without even a warning, that's happened many times at my class our class is very small and in our class I'm the assistant instructor,

I know how you feel, best of luck with the student training

Latest Discussions

Back